Santa Claus on the Cheap

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by J34, Nov 15, 2010.

1. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

So, anyone know the best Santa (probably at a mall) that allows you to take your own pictures of your precious little ones telling him their utmost dreams? Crabtree, which has the only Santa we've been to for 8 years, got really pushy last year about not letting you get close with your camera...made you stand like a mile away...well, tried to...we didn't. I'm not usually an entitled person...but this one just oughta be free. Thanks for any insight!!!

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Christmas at Cleveland on December 2nd has a Santa and you can take your own pics if you want to plus the kids always have a great time with all the activities going on.

3. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

Archer Lodge Christmas Celebration on the 28th will have a Santa and he was great last year...

www.archerlodge.org for all the details ;)

4. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

I was going to mention that. Also, they may have someone taking photos there as well of your kiddos and Santa.

5. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

What am I missing? December 2 is on a Thursday...where is this held? (No, not new here...just clueless here!) Thanks!!!

6. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

It is the annual Christmas in Cleveland sponsored by the Chamber. It is held in front of Fit for Life from 6pm - 8pm and includes amongst a lot of other things the annual Christmas Tree Lighting.

7. Crysta

Crysta Guest

Lines and malls are two of my least favorite things in the world, so we visit Santa at Lights on the Neuse (Boyette Farms) in Clayton. There's usually a long line for the actual hayride, but the Santa line is usually short, especially later into the evening, and much shorter than any minute of any day at Crabtree. We haven't had any problems taking our own pictures, although we do usually buy the 4x6 that they're selling.

8. momtofive

momtofive Well-Known Member

The cheapest way to go is free. I've never paid for a Santa photo. I take my kids to the free ones around - towns usually have them a few times a week the weeks before Christmas and then the town celebrations where they have tree lightings usually have Santa appear those nights. So we go to those and take our own photos. Very cheap!

9. teach

teach Active Member

There is a santa at Meadow's lights....you can take your own pics there. they also have a poloroid you can purchase!! plus lots of neat candy to buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. wed2x

wed2x Well-Known Member

We went to Meadow 2 years ago and there was a sign there saying no cameras. Maybe they changed the rules?

11. Crysta

Crysta Guest

The sign is still there, but if you buy the Polaroid, they don't care.

12. VivianS

VivianS Well-Known Member

As far as I know the Town of Clayton Christmas tree lighting has a Santa that is in the little parade down Main St. to town square, but I'm not positive about posing for pictures. Anyone else know?