Your first bike...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Cleopatra, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

We've done your first car. While looking at bikes for Christmas, I remember my own Christmas when I got my first bike. What was your first bike? I was queen of the neighborhood on this bike - actually, I think my stepbrother was - somebody stole his bike and he made me ride on the handlebars when he commandeered mine...

THIS is the actual picture. Ohmygosh... I look the same as I did when I was 6. :lol:

[​IMG]

By the time I was done with this thing the back tire was switched out with a blue dirtbike tire and the seat was ducktaped together. Stylin' I tell you.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
  2. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

My first bike came from the junkyard.

3. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

My first bike was some sort of three speed but it was way too big for me so they got me a lower bike. But I consider that my 'real' first bike.

[​IMG]

Would ride it from dawn to dinner time. skidding out everywhere. Best bike I ever had. Wish I still had it. It was a single speed and had a slick back tire.

Only other bike I loved was my Dawes Galaxy

[​IMG]

4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

That looks like mine! A Schwinn with a banana seat and butterfly handlebars!

5. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

I had the same bike except mine was green with a silver mettalic seat with black racing stripes on the seat.

6. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

I had that bike too! Mine was purple with a banana seat that had daisies printed on it and there was a little white basket on the front of the handlebars with daisies on it to match the seat. I was so proud of that bike!!

7. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

My dad brought home my first bike and it didn't have training wheels. He told me to visualize riding that bike toward an object in the yard and I just did. Actually, I learn to ride on two wheels the first day I tried. It wasn't anything fancy. It was red with chrome handlebars. We would take it to my grandmothers so that I could ride it. One Saturday, I placed it behind the car to be placed in the trunk (yeah, well a 6YO's logic isn't that great!) and you can guess the rest. It got backed over. It didn't seem that badly damaged, but about a week later I was riding it through the mud (no lie!) and it broke apart mid-puddle! :mrgreen:

Up next...my BMX bicycle for my birthday. Then later on...my Free Spirit (Sears) Ten Speed for Christmas (probably about 10 or so.) Actually, that was the last bicycle I had until I reached the ripe old age of 36.

8. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

OMG!! We could have been twins!! I loved my bike!!

9. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

mine too, only red. it was slightly used. great bike.

10. markfnc

this is the one i really wanted. 5 speed
    [​IMG]

11. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

kids these days don't have the wheely bikes we all did as shown here on this site. Memories. LOL

Not a better wheely riding bike than the ones with the bannana seats. They were also great Evil Knievel rides also.

12. CraigSPL

I used to have one of those as well. It was red, white, and blue and had a smaller double top bar instead of the larger single top bar

Then later came this which I used to race BMX and ride half pipe with. Only difference was mine was chrome and decked out for free style in the pipe.

[​IMG]

13. markfnc

One of these in good condition can sell for $600. (pre ecomomic turn down) i have not looked in a while

14. Cleopatra

15. CraigSPL

I actually got my dad a subscription to that magazine cause he loves it.

16. Cleopatra

I love it too!