I Need a Dog Crate

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kdc1970, Nov 17, 2010.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Anyone got a gently used dog crate they would like to sell? I need one that will fit about a 45 lb dog. I'm guessing large size? I hate to shell out for a new one since I don't think I will be using it long. Thanks!!

Thanks!![​IMG]

2. hhicshg

hhicshg Well-Known Member

I was hoping I could give you one but I have only a small one that was only used a short time...If anyone else needs it just let me know.

3. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

KDC, keep your eyes peeled on CL

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Thanks HG! I looked there before I came here. There were a couple, but was hoping somebody I "knew" might be looking to get something out of their old one. DH is emailing for a couple of them.

Thanks!!

Oh and thank you too, HHIC! I have a medium crate that our other dog used, but this dog is MUCH taller than Molly, LOL.

5. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

I got a medium sized one!

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I do too, LOL! But need a large. :jester:

Thanks all, I think we have located one for a good deal. DH is meeting them tonight.

7. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Oooops :lol:

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

No problem!! :lol::lol::lol:

:cheers:

9. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Looks like you might need a larger dog BED, too! ;)

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I know, right! LMAO!! That bed belongs to our other dog, Molly who is about 22 pounds. We got Sally yesterday (Wake SPCA), she was here a couple hours and appropriated that bed, she's about 45 lbs. I put it up until we can get Sally her own, not fair to Molly, LOL.

As a side note, did ya'll know Wake SPCA was a no-kill shelter? I didn't. I'm glad, because Sally had been there 32 days.

So far, we are thrilled with her. 8)

I love CL by the way, got a large, metal wire crate for $35. BARGAIN!!!

11. harleygirl

SCORE!!! :hurray::hurray:

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Even better, she slept in it all night!!!!! A little whining when we first went to bed, but then she settled right down and slept all night so far as I know. We had worked on it just a bit last night and decided to see what she would do. We would have not kept her in there if she'd thrown a fit. Poor Molly needed a break, LOL. Sally wants to play, but Molly is still scared of her.

She was somebody's dog. :? She knows a few commands, obviously she had been somewhat crate trained, and she will try to get in your lap, but her butt is just too big, LOL.

13. harleygirl

Buddy's pushing 70lbs, you outta let him in your lap. Hold onto your guts. :lol:

Crate training is swesome, Buddy LOVES his kennel. He's actually taking his morning nap in it as I type.

14. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Yeah for a Money Saving Deal & a New pet!!!

15. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

my doggie loves his kennel too, and he's an outside dog. we keep it on the porch and most afternoons when we come home from work, he's laying in it half asleep....to funny. I'm like "dang dog, you have this entire yard to lay in". He runs up to it randomly and 'chest-bumps' it....it cracks me up. He loves that thing.