Area Crafts Fairs

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by All Children First, Oct 6, 2010.

1. All Children First

All Children First Well-Known Member

What are the best crafts fairs in our area to work as a vendor? (Good publicity, decent number of visitors, etc.)

2. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

I know OAKLAND Presbyterian Church has one on NOV. 20th.

3. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

There is also the one at the Raleigh Farmers Mkt. it's for three days in a row.
    Clayton will have two Christmas Mkt.'s one on Nov 20 and another sometime in December.
    Then there's the Christmas Carousel show something or another at the Raleigh State Fairgrounds,this is a indoors show.
    There are others,just can't think of any others right now.
    What kind of crafts do you do?

4. All Children First

All Children First Well-Known Member

I have an eclectic mix this year since I prepared for a crafts fair last year and wasn't able to attend. I have handmade jewelry and rosaries, santa hats, and stained glass.

5. AnnetteL

6. below14thdesigns

below14thdesigns Well-Known Member

I do about 3 shows a month. Most of which I have done for the past few years. PM me if you'd like some dates and links to applications.

7. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

8. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

BUMP For

OAKLAND Presbyterian Church* has one on NOV. 20th. 8am-2pm
    the Scoop---'cause I know it!

30+ vendors, all handmade, hand crafted items. No commerical booths, no Tupperware, no Pampered Chef, or like stuff. This is "The Old School" Church Bazzar!

*Located on NC1010 Cleveland Rd across from the GCAA Ballfields & the OLD Cleveland School.

9. AnnetteL

Also the Designer Downtown Market this Saturday in Raleigh.

10. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Not sure where this is located - but there is also the Raleigh Christmas Parade on Sat - so traffic will be bad til thats over.......

11. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

Got this in my email this week for Clayton activities... looks fun!

[FONT=Georgia,Palatino]HOLIDAY MARKET[/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia,Palatino]On the Town Square from 9:00 am - 2:00 pm[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia,Palatino]This Saturday!
    November 20th

[/FONT]​
    [FONT=Candara,Trebuchet MS,Arial,sans-serif]
    [FONT=Georgia,Palatino]Shop Local, Shop Fresh[/FONT]

[/FONT]​
    [FONT=Georgia,Palatino] The freshest ingredients for your
    Thanksgiving meal. One-of-a-kind local crafts and prepared foods for holiday giving and enjoying.

Our regular craft and food vendors, as well as other invited vendors,
    will be setting up their tents on our regular spot-- the Town Square--during regular market hours:
    9:00 am - 2:00 pm
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Candara,Trebuchet MS,Arial,sans-serif][FONT=Georgia,Palatino]Come by this Saturday to stock up for the holidays.[/FONT]

[/FONT]
    [FONT=Candara,Trebuchet MS,Arial,sans-serif][​IMG][/FONT]

12. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

And this:

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]www.claytonyouththeater.com[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=impact,sans-serif]Holiday Shopping Extravaganza[/FONT]
    [FONT=franklin gothic book,franklin gothic,sans-serif]Clayton Youth Theater will hold a Christmas Shopping Extravaganza on Saturday, Dec. 4, at The Clayton Center from 9 am to 3 pm. Shop for holiday gifts, including jewelry, crafts and more. Visit [/FONT][FONT=franklin gothic book,franklin gothic,sans-serif]www.claytonyouththeater.com[/FONT][FONT=franklin gothic book,franklin gothic,sans-serif] for more information.[/FONT]
    [/FONT]

13. AnnetteL

It's at 509 N.West Street in Raleigh from 9am-3pm
    http://www.designersdowntownmarket.com/
    just go after the Christmas parade is over with ;)

14. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

Hey, my husband does alot of chainsaw art work and had it displayed this past weekend at the New Bethel Church craft fair on hwy 50. Who can he contact to get in on being a part of one of these upcoming events? His website is carvedbyjoe.webs.com if anyone would like to have a look. He does do special orders!!! He is trying any way he can to generate income.......

15. AnnetteL

:) I saw his booth last Saturday,I was set up a few spots down on the other side.
    Got to facebook and while there search for : Raleigh Direct Sales, click on :events to find dates,application deadlines,entry fees etc. for Art/Craft shows
    I just tried to get on facebook but wasn't able to connect at the moment otherwise I'd have send you a direct link.

16. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

Thanks Annette! I appreciate it! I will let him know.

17. bystander

bystander Well-Known Member

BUMP for the Oakland Church (OPC) Bazaar!!

18. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

A BIG Thank You to everyone that stopped by the Oakland Church (OPC) Bazaar today. It was HUGE!!! (And it was a big success for the OPC family!!)

Thanks again!