Anybody Sold Any Gold Lately?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kdc1970, Sep 24, 2010.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Since gold has reached new heights in price, I am thinking of selling a heavy gold necklace I bought years ago when gold was CHEAP. I never wear it anymore. Where's the best place to go recently?

Thanks!

2. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

3. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I heard this morning that gold is up around $1300 an ounce. When I was a teenager, Colombian Gold was going for about $40.00 an ounce. INFLATION!

4. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Well-Known Member

I sold about 10 scrap pieces, mainly teeny bracelets that were broken, so really not a lot of stuff, and got $190 for it in Clayton, I think it's Clayton Gold and Pawn, off of 70, the blue and white building used to be a hardware store I think, across from BK?

5. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

there's a place right there beside that thrift shop you found that fabulous dresser last week.....right off 42.

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Cool, I will check that out. It was tickling my memory that there was someplace up at 42, but couln't put my finger on it.

7. hrcnsfan

hrcnsfan Well-Known Member

Make sure you do a little homework and get a few quotes. Two weeks ago we went to the shop up at 40/42 that has the flag by the road "gold buyer" (I think that's what it says). Anyway, they offered us $350 for all our gold, silver, and a small piece of platinum. Next day we went to see another gold buyer in Cary and we were offered $500 for just the gold and platinum...silver not included.
    So yeah...do yourself a favor and shop around.

8. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Based on signs sitting out front businesses I believe they "buy gold" in downtown Clayton.

9. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

I think I seen one of those signs in front of Pittman's Jewelry.Any new recommendations as far as selling gold is concerned, does it make any difference if it is white gold?

10. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

I sold some and has some appraisals done about a year ago at Fine Jewelry by Vincent on Main St. I recently sold more gold to Main Street Jewelers.

11. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

I just sold a mens nugget style bracelet (for scrap) for about what I paid for it about 15 years ago. I was happy with that.

12. AnnetteL

Where ;)?

13. AnnetteL

Thanks!

14. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

Main Street Jewelers

15. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

Main Street Jewelers offered me more on my gold than they did at Pittmans last month.

16. AnnetteL

Thanks!

17. AnnetteL

Sounds good,thanks!

18. AnnetteL

Just called Main St. Jewelers and Clayton Gold and Pawn to get an idea,off course neither was able to enlighten me over the phone w/o bringing in the rings,is it even worth driving over there?
    I got two old wedding bands.

19. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

They have to weigh it before they can tell you how much they can give you for it. They are super nice and very informed at Main Street Jewelers. I felt pretty good about what I got for my loot.

20. AnnetteL

Thanks,I guess I'll check it out next week.