Craft Fair Thanksgiving Weekend - Wheelchair Friendly?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kdc1970, Nov 19, 2010.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

It's been several years since I've been out to the fairgrounds on Thanksgiving weekend, and I just can't remember what the layout is like. My Mom will be with me and she just physically can't walk a lot due to the accident and I will need to push her in one if we go. She does not have a motorized chair, since she only needs one in cases like this. Anyone been lately? Or is it going to be more trouble than it's worth on Black Friday?

2. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Hmmm... my aunt has a *Jazzy* elect wheelchair if you need to borrow one? She lives in Smithfield, I could ask if you want me 2. You'll need to come get it in the truck and take it back to her when you are done.

Lemme know.

PS: that is if she hasn't sold it yet.

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Thanks HG!! I will keep that in mind. If she is looking to sell it, lemme know how much. I may get her one, whether she wants to admit she needs it or not. :p

She got stuck in a Lowe's Hardware once a couple months ago, the store one gave out way at the back and there were no employees around and she'd left her phone in the car. It's funny now! I hope she can get the knee replaced soon, my 78 year old grandmother had hers done a year ago and it did'nt even phase her, she gets around great. Better than Mom does. :?

4. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

it should be no problem for most of the booths. i've taken a stroller for many years until whichever kid at the time got too big and started trying to yank stuff off the shelves! granted that's not quite as big as most wheelchairs, but still... the later you go, the better, usually b/c the crowds clear out a lot. MIL and I go every year and usually wait until 3 or so. have fun!!

5. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

She won't sell it. It was my great uncles. Why you'd keep those things I don't know?
    If you wanna borrow it let me know and I'll ask her.

6. MizSeeker

MizSeeker Well-Known Member

I second this - we have a booth at Christmas Carousel. Friday am is crazy but later in the day on Friday and Saturday and most of Sunday is calmer. They leave plenty of room for strollers/wheelchairs and have quiet corners to regroup if it gets too crazy.

Martha

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Thank you for all the replies, it is MUCH appreciated!!!

I think we will wait til late afternoon on Frday, we don't intend to do much but digest dinner prior to that! She's going back to PA on Sat morning, so we don't have much time together, unfortunately. :cheers:

8. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

What booth are you?