Christmas Angels 2010

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Oct 19, 2010.

1. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

For background on the Christmas Angels project, please see the following threads...

http://www.4042.com/4042forums/showthread.php?t=27617&highlight=christmas+angels

http://www.4042.com/4042forums/showthread.php?t=21503&highlight=Christmas+Angels

http://www.4042.com/4042forums/showthread.php?t=15350&highlight=christmas+angels

http://www.4042.com/4042forums/showthread.php?t=10249&highlight=Christmas+Angels

Nominations will be open until Friday, Nov 5th.

Donations will be accepted until Wednesday, December 15th.

If you know of a family who will be in need this year, please contact me via PM, or email DaisiLou@aol.com

Please provide me with a phone number so that I can call you to discuss the families individual need.

Also, if you would like to go ahead and discuss a cash donation (before the holidays hit your wallet hard), please let me know. You can paypal me, mail me a check, or I can arrange a meeting to collect cash/donations from you.

Thank you all for your continued support with this project.

2. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

I AM GOING TO MAKE A CASH OR ITEM DONATION THIS YEAR AND I AM NOT GOING TO MISS THE DEADLINE!! 8)8)

Just telling myself to get with the program.

3. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray:

4. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

5. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

FYI, for everyone's convenience - if you have a gift to drop off, we will have a collection box in my office down at the Lowe's Foods Complex at 42/50. i am in Suite 210 next to Ace Hardware. We figured the easier it is to participate the more folks might feel so inclined:grouphug:

6. harleygirl

EXACTLY!

AND I'm mobile so I can pick up any dontations.

Sandy
    919-796-5284 (mobile)

NOW, get your nominations in!!! :grouphug:

7. JenniferK

We have not yet had any nominations for the Christmas Angels program. is it possible that NO one needs any assistance this year? :)

You have until next Friday to make your nominations....

8. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

Jennifer, I sent you an e-mail. I have a family in mind.

9. cece

cece Well-Known Member

I know y'all are pro's at this by now, but have you checked with the local church's and schools for potential families?

10. JenniferK

Reminder!

To those who have contacted me, please make sure you get back to me ASAP!

If you haven't made your nomination yet, PLEASE do so ASAP!

Thank you!

11. JenniferK

If I have sent you a PM requesting more information, please get back to me ASAP!!

Also, you still have time to make your nominations, submissions must be received by Friday!

Thank you!

12. JenniferK

Today is the last day to make nominations for the Christmas Angels project!!!!

13. JenniferK

4042'ers,

Three families have been selected for the Christmas Angels.

I will have wishlists and descriptions posted tomorrow. However, in the meantime, we only have a month. Please, please....consider making your donation early.

Anyone can paypal a donation to me directly at DaisiLou@aol.com

I will gladly meet you to pick it up, or one of Santa's elves will meet you! :)

Or I will be glad to provide you a mailing address for a check.

Thank you for your continued support.

14. JenniferK

Okay folks! Here's the list!

Please don't procrastinate! We only have a month and we have to get moving!

Family #1

Dad was laid off, Mom works two jobs. This is a perfect example of a family that is TRYING to do the right thing, but has just fallen on hard times. These folks are 4042'ers!

18 year old girl
    clothes size are large to extra large in shirts and size 17 junior in pants. She likes anything to do with Miley Cyrus and history regarding the Holocaust.

17 year old boy
    wears size 30/32 in pants and large in shirts. He likes the skinnier fitting jeans and tighter shirts but not crazy tight..LOL He enjoys anything football or sports related.

15 year old boy
    wears size 12 pants in the teen boy sizes and medium to large in shirts. He likes art and drawing. He likes reading as well but not real sure of his favorite. As long as it isn't a book on Alchemy, we ok..LOLLOLOL

13 yr old girl
    wears size 10 to 12 in preteen size clothes and about medium to large in shirts. She is a BIG Justin Bieber nut so anything with him involved, she'll melt...

Family #2

This family lives locally, but due to domestic and legal issues has had to temporarily relocate a little further away. This is a single mom, and these kids have really had a ROUGH year. This family is the immediate family of a 4042'er...

Boy 8 years old.
    shoes- 7 1/2 boys/mens
    pants - 28W/28L boys/mens
    shirt - large
    coat - large
    would like - nerf guns, army toys, trucks, cars, skate board, loves Tony Hawk

Girl 6 years old
    shoes - 12 1/2
    pants - 6
    shirts - 6-7
    coat - 6-7
    would like - dolls, tea sets, easy bake oven, barbies, make-up sets, bratz dolls, nintendo ds games, books (1st, 2nd, or 3rd grade level)

Twin Boy #1 4years old
    shoes 12 1/2
    pants 5
    shirts 5/6
    coats - 5/6

Twin Boy #2 4 years old
    shoes 12 1/2
    pants 4t
    shirts 5/6
    coats 5/6

The twins would like - trucks, monster jam trucks, building blocks, cars, remote control monster trucks, any trucks with big wheels, nintendo ds games, they love to draw and color

Family #3

This is a single mom who was laid off of her job of 12 years. Instead of sitting around doing nothing, she has become a full-time student so that she can secure the future for herself and her son. She is paying the bills, receives no assistance, but doesn't have a lot of money for extra's like Christmas. This is a very close friend of a 4042'er

Boy 3 1/2 years old
    Wears 3T clothes
    Size 8-9 shoes
    Typical boy, loves anything boy related. LOVES music, he is a huge Beatles fan (truly) and would rather watch a Beatles concert over anything on Nick Jr. Loves to play with cars, etc, dress up, balls....

Allright people....there it is! Get Moving!

Paypal donation address is DaisiLou@aol.com

PM me for address to send a check or for arrangements to meet you somewhere.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
  15. harleygirl

Hey JK, what's the deadline for our 4042 community to get items to ya?

16. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

I haven't been by yet...do you have the drop box set up? I want my kids to do the actual donating/dropping off.

Thanks for everything you guys are doing!!!!

17. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

It will be set up by Monday, thanks so much:grouphug::grouphug:

18. JenniferK

Today is payday for many people! Before you hit those Pre-Black Friday sales, will you consider making a donation to the Angels?

You can easily paypal it to me at DaisiLou@aol.com

OR

I am meeting a 4042'er this evening at 42 at 4.45 and would be glad to meet you then too!

19. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

The 4042 Christmas Angel Drop Off box at my office is now officially ready to start accepting gifts, gift cards, toys, etc.

My office is located in the Lowes Foods Shopping Center (Middle Creek Commons) at 42/50 and i am in Suite 210. Hope this will make it easier for some of you to donate. Thanks so much for all you do for these families my wonderful 4042 family:grouphug:

20. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

Would it be wanted/needed/appropriate for us to donate a Christmas tree?