Gift Search Thread

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Crysta, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

This needs to be renamed Crysta's Super Duper Deal Thread!

2. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

My son is also wanting skates...but roller skates (traditional quads). Matter of fact, dad is wanting some, too, but will have to wait his turn. ;) We go fairly regularly and the rentals are just not cutting it any more. He wants his own to trick out (customize the wheels, laces, stops, etc.) and I want a pair that actually hasn't been beat on. Where we go they have only three pairs of 13s and they all have something wrong with them. :rolleyes: Last time, I got a lesson in trying to skate with worn out bearings. I'll have a nice scar on my elbow thanks to that one.

I will say this...if you're looking quad roller skates, you might as well just go to a skating rink to buy them. She'll need to try them on and from what I've been told, you'll want to go up one full size for a growing foot. Put a thicker insole in to begin with and then remove it as her foot grows.

A lot of the rinks buy through Southeast Skate Supply at www.seskate.com. No ice skates but they do have the quads and inlines that range from entry level to insanely expensive.

3. Crysta

Crysta Guest

Buy.com has Pillow Pet knock-offs for $11, shipped. Same size as regular pillow pets.

Disney store onine has Personlized fleece throws for $12, shipped, with code FLEECE.

If anyone is looking for the Stinky the Garbage Truck, the cheapest I can find it is this week (today and tomorrow) at Target. I was hoping it would be a black Friday item, but I don't see a better deal. Target has it for $44.99 and you can use the $5 off coupon in their toy book (also online), making it $39.99. If they don't have it in stock, just get a rain check, since the coupon is still good for a while.

4. cathy0517

cathy0517 Well-Known Member

OK you awesome dealfinders! This is I what I am looking for:
    Teacup Piggy playsets (I already have the piggys)
    Zoobles
    Fin Fin Friends
    Find me the best deals please:hurray:

5. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Well,even though a refrigerator might not be a typical Christmas present I still would love to save a few bucks on it.
    We're thinking about the Whirlpool french door,bottom freezer 24.8 cubic foot one,any Black Friday deals on Whirlpool appliances by any chance ;)
    Thanks!!

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  6. hhicshg

hhicshg Well-Known Member

7. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

appliances are not usually part of the Black Friday extravaganza....but good luck in your search!
    http://www.blackfriday2010.com/

I prefer Cyber Monday myself!!

8. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

Keep an eye out for appliance deals at Sears...my friend was able to get a dishwasher there on black friday last year.

9. AnnetteL

Thanks!

10. AnnetteL

Thanks!

11. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

I saw an ad on tv last night that they're having an appliance sale this year too. You might want to check the ads on www.bfads.net or one of the other Black Friday sites.

12. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

Wal-mart Black Friday ad is on their website...

..in case anyone cares. Don't see much to go out and rush after...except maybe that Cricut Expression for MYSELF! Their price on the X-Box 360 is the same as I can get for at Toys R Us right now. Some of the Tv's look to be a pretty good price, but, from what I understand, expect major changes in the way you purchase the 5am electronics deals!

13. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

14. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

15. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

16. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I MUST have one of those to add to my pooping animal collection!