Cash is King?!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, Nov 22, 2010.

1. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

There are sometimes extra incentives to you if you finance through their company as well (we're currently car shopping). It's often enough to justify a slightly higher interest rate.

2. bosoxfan

Now take that $999 (if it's advertised or you can print it from their website) back to Lowes and they should beat it by 10% (their price match policy).

3. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

but only if it is the EXACT same fridge/options etc - thats where they get ya sometimes, the small differences....:?

4. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

And often times the only difference will be a model number suffix/prefix that is designated for each store.....example LG214SR (Sears Model) vs. LG214LH (Lowes model)

5. bosoxfan

True...even different model numbers for the exact same fridge.

6. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

That's what I just found too,there's just a one letter difference but it's the same exact fridge :evil:

7. LOL

8. I doubt this unless they just told you this to move the car. Dealerships want to make that finance charge and will often match your bank's interest rate in order to do so.

9. I see he/she beat me to it.

10. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

WTH, it's not like I invented the phrase "Cash is King"!

11. I was LOLing at the idea they would give you a break if you paid cash.

12. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

LOL

13. Quincy8Boy

Quincy8Boy Well-Known Member

I heard some story a guy who went into a car dealership to buy a new car for the advertised price with the 30K in hand or whatever. The car dealership turned him down, saying that he had to finance to get that price. They said he could finance and pay it off right away, but the guy said he didn't wan to do that. He left money in hand.