TWC, Dish.....Antenna?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by mgzd, Nov 27, 2010.

1. mgzd

mgzd Well-Known Member

I'm getting very frustrated with Cable and Dish companies and have been contemplating putting up an antenna.
    Has anyone else tried this? If so, how are the results?

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Antenna and Hulu only now, my wife who was running a satellite bill of over $126 a month says she no longer misses it.

3. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Antenna ONLY here. We do NOT miss the $$$ or the waste of time! Feel that savings!

4. Crysta

Crysta Guest

Just cancelled our dish. Net savings of about $60 per month. We liked Dish Network, but it was just too much to pay for dish and internet, so we cut the TV. Hopefully we won't miss it too much :)

5. softballmom

softballmom Well-Known Member

Had an antenna for about two years. Reception is great, and the price is right! Don't miss that bill one bit, but I do miss DVR. Helps that a lot of programs are online. Only one I can't see online that I would want to is Big Bang theory.

6. jjganny

jjganny Well-Known Member

I think I saw at Target boxed TV shows such as Big Bang Theory, Dennis the Menace, & others.

7. riverbankbum

riverbankbum Member

Is this antenna just for viewing regular TV of can it receive cable channels as well?? We pay around $75 a month for 120 channels.
    :withstupid:

8. riverbankbum

riverbankbum Member

Is this antenna just for viewing regular TV of can it receive cable channels as well?? We pay around $75 a month for 120 channels.
    Dish Network
    :withstupid:

9. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Antenna gets us 16 channels (such as 3 flavors of PBS, and two music channels). We use Hulu ($8 a month) to get some of the cable shows we miss.

10. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

How do you get high speed internet Hught?