Let me get this straight....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by mnredsky, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Jalen

Jalen Well-Known Member

Especially if it really doesn't matter. If it really doesn't matter if they are gay or not, let's just have them keep it to themselves.

2. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Probably because they've been hiding.

3. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Because most all gays/liberals love to throw the tolerant card. Meaning they want to be able to say "you're not be tolerant!"

But just try to ask them to get on board with something that doesn't jive with their handbook of lunacy and see what you get.

4. BuzzMyMonkey

ya know if you ask those on the front line in harms way (Marines & Army) a majority of those don't want it changed, I do think their thoughts should be taken into consideration.

Hell just give them the Coast Guard to serve in.

5. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Speaking of which.....

Earlier today I was on the throne dropping a deuce and noticed The Independent newspaper on the floor. Anybody ever seen this gem of a rag?

So I picked it up and noticed it is a publication marketed toward the hippies/"progressive" :roll: /liberal crowd.

So I flipped through all the coffee shop pictures, anti-Bush cartoons, indie music advertisements and noticed a section dedicated to their political endorsements.

As one would figure, they endorsed each and every Democrat with the exception of one who of course was a woman running for some meaningless office for the first time. Their explanation was something like "we don't know anything about her but since she is a female conservative so we will give her the benefit of the doubt."

I laughed at the idea that they pimped themselves as non-judging, thoughtful and tolerant toward other people, religions and cultures......yet endorsed every liberal known to man. So much for the title The Independent.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  6. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

So you're okay with them being in the military, just not your idea of the "manly" branches of the military?

7. BuzzMyMonkey

Coast Guard isn't military anymore. Homeland security. lol

8. BuzzMyMonkey

Where's your dog in all this valleygirl?

9. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

My dad is a retired Coast Guard captain. I got a little defensive. I'm over it. Carry on. :lol:

10. BuzzMyMonkey

I figured there would be a Coast Guard connection around here. No harm.

11. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

I am amazed by all the people who know how gay people think and gay people act. It's so stereotypical I want to puke! :banghead:

Everyday I see men blatantly stare down women or even worse heckle them with sexual comments. And guess what!?!?!? It's even more abundant in a military town. I know because I grew up in one. Do all of them do it? NO! But all gay people do not flaunt their preferences or oogle what they like any more or less that straight people.

It's not about "coming out," it's not about flaunting themselves .. it's about equal right and acceptance. Having both while they serve our country. It's about the right to be happy and not be persecuted and suffer the loss of their job, career or livelihood.

12. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

There is only one place the Independent is useful, and you happened to be right there ;)

13. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

VG..I'm with you here. Poorly funded, always overlooked, yet still doing the best job. For along time, the USCG was fighting the only fight around..drug interdiction, etc.

And, Red, it's far too easy to allow a stereotype to color one's perception, rather than having to seek the facts.

And, the military has discharged more service members for being gay than they have for service members who are overweight, can;t pass PT tests, and are unfit for service. This, as a result of the big purple machine needing bodies for the ongoing conflicts.

So, if a military member is out of physical shape, can't pass the PT test, doesn't meet height/weight standards, they can stay...unless they are gay. And if they are gay, but meet the physical standards of military service..out they go.

Operational readiness, Senator McCain, is more than 'straight' bodies.

14. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

:banghead: I guess my biggest problem with this in general is the fact that some ppl think that homosexuals are sexmaniacs....sex is a very small part of who they are and of their relationships...

15. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Maybe just common sense? :lol: ;)

16. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Having been raised around gays and being related to a Lesbian, I have to agree with her.

17. You people need to realize the overwhelming majority of the people in the US are Christians, and as such, believe homosexuality should be frowned upon.

So believe what you want, do what you want, feel what you want about the subject.....but don't act surprised when people negatively react to homosexuals. It's not changing.

18. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

"You people"...hey, that's one of my favorite phrases in entire English language!

19. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Well-Known Member

It would be nice if one of our homosexual members would tell us their perspective on the situation. Everyone seems to speculating about what homos do and don't do. I wish someone would step up and set the record straight...cuz, ya know, obviously none of you would ever think any differently of that person or act differently around them, would you? :roll:

"Ask youself this: You still gonna hug him?" - Sil talking to Tony about the return of the newly outed Vito Spattafori.

20. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

It's awfully presumptuous to think that all christians believe homosexuality should be frowned upon. And the attitude towards and reactions towards homosexuality is changing.... just not fast enough IMO.