Gift Shopping for kids?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Cleopatra, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Cleveland Elem used to do a little shop for kids to purchase gifts for family, do they still do this or do any other schools?

2. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

I'll take your girls shopping Cleo.....

As long as we don't go to a pet store, lol...

3. JellyBean

JellyBean Well-Known Member

McGees Elementary does a Santa shop...very cool. Kids can shop during school day (they take each class at a certain time), I believe there are evening hours and one day where families can come too...

4. Cleopatra

Can you get me more information, please? I would like to do this on a Saturday. McGee's is kind of far for us on a week night.

5. Cleopatra

Hahahahahahaha!!! That would be interesting. :)

"No really. Mommy wants a snake!!"

6. Cleopatra

I called McGee's, but the hours won't work for me. School day daytime hours, and then the Saturday is the 11th.

Any other schools doing this?

7. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

West View is not. You might consider having someone help them go through Target...I took one of my sons the other day and was easily able to get something for both his brothers for under $5 ea. Granted it didn't come out wrapped...and it wasn't anything for an adult. But if you had the right person helping them, they should be successful. Good luck!

8. momtofive

momtofive Well-Known Member

Benson Elementary is doing one this Saturday from 9-2. They plan to have some vendor booths set up for parents to shop at while their children shop (or make things, I can't remember which, maybe both) for their parents. I think they'll even help the kids wrap their presents so they stay a surprise. :)