Langdon Pointe, Adams Pointe

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by mandmdad, Dec 1, 2010.

1. mandmdad

mandmdad Well-Known Member

Have some friends looking to move into the area and they are considering Adams Point, Langdon Pointe and Broadmoor. Anyone live in one of these and can comment on neighborhood, house quality, schools?

Thanks for your time!

2. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

As for the neighborhoods, Broadmoor looks nice if that's what you are in to. I'm not familiar with the others.
    But.....
    Our roads and schools can't handle any more transplants. Help spread the word. Please tell them this area has no vacancy. :lol:

3. Crysta

Crysta Guest

We looked at homes in all three and thought the quality of the homes and the neighborhoods were great. Langdon doesn't have the amenities (pool) that the other two do. I really liked that in Broadmoor you can choose not to buy the pool membership. Saves you considerably on the HOA dues, although I'm not sure how special assessments would be handled (so someone who never uses the pool could end up pitching in on a new liner?). We actually put an offer in on a home in Adams Pointe and then retracted it after speaking with the neighbors. I'm a big fan of walking around a neighborhood and knocking on doors to ask people their thoughts; most are very candid. Just about everyone we talked to in Adams Pointe was unhappy with the HOA, and the selling agents, who apparently made promises about the pool being much bigger than it actually ended up being and stuff like that. Their HOA is pretty strict, with restrictions on aggressive dog breeds and other very detailed rules.

Also, it's a lot of what your friend is looking for. Broadmoor is a bit more of an established community, and home values seem to be holding well. Adams Pointe has made some big promises on how developed that community is supposed to become, including a lot more amenities, which could be a concern since there is still such a long way to go. But again, the home values have held fairly well. Langdon is the newest, with the least amenities, but also a smaller community that seems to be coming along nicely. Home values haven't held as well, but that means you can also get more home for the money.

4. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Broadmoor-Cleveland Elem
    adams Point-West View Elem

both great schools. West view is fairly new (4 years). I believe theyre both Cleveland Middle. I have no idea where langdon point is, sorry. Oh- and adams point has looots of kids in it, if theyre looking fora kid friendly hood.

5. Navycut

Navycut Well-Known Member

You might want to check out the Meadows at Southfort. There are 3 homes for sale in a relatively safe, quiet neighborhood of 147 families. Close to 40/42 with Westview Elem. in the front yard. HOA is less than $25.00 per month, basically for the pool and the HOA is committed to maintaining property values.

6. Hotwire

Hotwire Well-Known Member

I was told recently that the Meadows at Southfort has had quite a few break in's. One was just the other night where some tools were stolen. The sheriff's mailbox was also knocked down in there.

7. Navycut

Navycut Well-Known Member

I had not heard that. I checked the three law officers living here and all have erect mailboxes.
    Possibly you are talking about Lancaster Place, also named "Southfort" across Cleveland School Rd?

8. mandmdad

mandmdad Well-Known Member

I think they did look at the Meadows, however they were looking for a larger house. Thanks for all the input.

9. swinkles

swinkles Well-Known Member

We are putting our house on the market again asap.... We live in the Twisted Oaks/Hunters Mill Subdivision... Haven't signed with an agent yet - so if they would be interested, we would sell at a lower price since we don't have to pay commission... 2600+ square feet, nice home pm me for more info. if you think they are interested.

10. trev47

trev47 Well-Known Member

I live in Adam's Point and its the best neighborhood that I have ever lived in. The kids all play together and most of the parents are friends as well. My family feels safe here.

11. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

I have heard great things about all 3..I know that is not helpful but I don't think they can go wrong :) Broadmoor is very well established with alot of amenities, Adams Pointe is in a great location and growing fast with good amenities as well, and Langdon Point is in a great location, but has a smaller, more close nit community feel with no amenities. Personally I think the quality of the homes are all very good! Hope this helps!!