Christmas trees

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by FourGibbs, Dec 1, 2010.

1. FourGibbs

FourGibbs New Member

Does anyone know of anywhere locally that is selling Christmas trees to benefit a cause or raise $ for a non profit organization??? Thanks so much!!

2. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure that the place on the corner of Cleveland School & Shiloh Road.... in the old Chops Restaurant parking lot....

there is a poster on here that said her husband & daughter were selling them to benefit an orphanage....

3. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

4. DAH22

DAH22 Well-Known Member

Pelican's of Clayton is donating love offerings towards local schools with the purchase of a tree! Rumor has it you may even be able to get a snocone when you purchase a tree and/or hot chocolate!

5. englishbullymom

englishbullymom Well-Known Member

My church, Amelia Christian Church, has a Christmas tree lot every year and has done so for about 25 years now! They are also selling wreaths, garlands, etc. The money goes to help the youth group, mission outreach, and more through the year.

From Hwy 42, turn on Amelia Church Rd. heading towards 70. Amelia Christian CHurch will be on your left almost immediately.

6. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Any certain hours they are there? Are they open during the day? We need some garland & a fresh wreath. Surprise!-- Family decided to come THIS weekend to celebrate Christmas. Got to love the late notice, huh? Better than the 2 days notice I got for the other family coming for Thanksgiving. Next last minute arrivals we have for a holiday are getting Micky D's and NO decorating. LOL. Meantime, need some garland and wreath for this weekend. Thanks in advance for letting me know the hours.

Stephanie-- mom to 7

7. englishbullymom

englishbullymom Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I know about last minute arrivals! I just try to grin and bite my tongue and know it is only temporary:lol: The tree lot is open 5pm-9pm during the week, 9-9 on Saturdays and 1-5pm on Sundays. Hope this helps!

8. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

We have a few trees left we would like to donate to a family who may need one. Please PM me if you know of a family without a tree this year :(
    Delivery may be available. Thanks!

9. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

I received an email today stating that Pelicans has trees at 50% off the original price. Not sure how long it lasts or what is left, but it is worth a try!

10. MizSeeker

MizSeeker Well-Known Member

Ummm anybody with some little trees? I can't stand it - I want a little live tree - I just can't handle a regular one and people are fussing that I'm being a grinch!

thank you!

martha

11. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Check with Lee's in Clayton. They usually have some smaller trees. They will deliver and set it up too, I think. They have really good old fashioned candy there too!

12. MizSeeker

MizSeeker Well-Known Member

I am clueless - what is Lee's? We just moved here this year and I am not knowledgable on local places.

thank you!

martha

13. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Main Street in Clayton