Snow Flurries...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by SunShine26, Dec 2, 2010.

1. SunShine26

SunShine26 Well-Known Member

expected this weekend!! Thank goodness the ground is too warm right now for it to stick..who knows when I could go into labor!

2. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Surely there will not be enough to stop you from getting to the hospital. Good luck and congratulations.

Sherry

3. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

Flurries...really? Hadn't heard that. Good thing I just stopped and picked up milk, bread and hot dogs, anyway! Oh, and just when you think it's getting cold here...my husband called me earlier to check the weather where he is in North Dakota. At the time, maybe 2'ish, it was only 7 degrees. Supposed to get up to 18 (woo-hoo!) and back down to 8 tonight and start snowing. I'm nice and toasty at home with my hot chocolate machine; I do kinda feel bad for him, knowing he's sleeping in the truck! Can't wait to tell him that by the time he gets home, it will be snowing here, too!

4. SunShine26

SunShine26 Well-Known Member

5. CAROLINA SUN

CAROLINA SUN Well-Known Member

THEY are calling for 20-30" of snow in the GREAT LAKES regions this weekend. Man O Man they can keep it!!!:hurray:

6. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

My sis went into labor w/ her first born at the beach when they had almost 2 feet of snow. They were living at Long Beach. They called for an ambulance because they couldn't get out of the driveway and it got stuck in their yard! The National Guard came in got her and all ended well! :) We have some great pics of the little one being brought home by the Nat'l Guard!

7. jumpin4joync

jumpin4joync Well-Known Member

Congratulations on the baby.

But all kidding aside, my husband has the day off tomorrow and I've got him a 'honey do' list for the cold temps; covering the outside spikets, turning the heat light on under the house to help keep pipes warm and shutting the vents.

8. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

Oooh, thanks for the reminder, I need to do that stuff too! No snow till after Christmas, PLEASE!! I aint got time for snow right now! :) After Dec 26 - let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

9. jdunigan

jdunigan Member

Ready for some snow myself.

10. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Heading out for bread and milk. Stay out of my way!

11. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Are sure you don't mean beer and chips?

12. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Snow :ack::ack:

13. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Good point - according to the Food Lion Express line rules I can get 10 items or less. I have 6 left.

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I'm laughing!! It almost always snows on my b-day in our hometown, calling for real precip there and we might even get a flake or two here. :hurray::hurray::hurray:

It's a running joke now about snow then. :jester:

15. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

:iagree:

and I will clarify, I like snow when I go to WV for the holidays...the town does not shut down, people know how to drive and there is no change in people's behavior. Here, no way, ever do I care if it snows. We're surrounded by idiots.

16. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

I've always wondered if I have two cases of beer, does that count as 2 items or 1?

17. harleygirl

I DONT drive in the snow, I'll stay home.

DH likes to get out there and pull people out of the snow, especially if it's a dodge, or ford (now that he's got a chevy) :lol:

18. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

We go pull all the Chevy's out. He's safe. :jester:

19. harleygirl

:lol::lol:

20. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

He only gets those on days ending in Y.