Let me get this straight....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by mnredsky, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

That was just a guess of mine, as I recently read Leviticus and had it on my mind. As time goes on, technology makes leaps and bounds. Some things to me were just because "I am the Lord and I said so", some things he gave specific reasoning for, others were just "for this is an abomination". We are also talking OT God, and not NT God. I agree with Jester, as parents sometimes we give reasons, other times - because I said so. It is hard to explain to a child the inappropriateness of some behaviors, or other long-drawn out explanations so we just say "because I said so". You are also talking about a group of people, in the time it took Moses to climb Mt Sinai and have a chat with God, they completely abandoned God and fashioned a golden calf to worship - those folks needed to be ruled with an iron fist. Kind of like some kids, they keep on and on - then you have to go nuclear and take away everything they own.

As far as gay couples nowadays and my procreation thoughts - they can adopt, they can get a friend to help out, they can do in-vitro... quite a few options. We have plenty of kids sitting in foster homes in this country, maybe more folks are infertile nowadays because God decided we had populated the earth enough already - but then man took matters into his own hands through science. I know, I'm rambling - and that might have been offensive. Sorry.

Disease? Condoms.

Homosexuality, yes - it is here to stay. Is it widely accepted yet in this country? No. Do parents have a right to not have their children exposed to and have to explain gender roles and sexuality to a 5YO? I believe they should. I guess we should just ban all PDA - I'm fine with that, and I can't help but wonder if the kissing at Cameron Village and at Cracker Barrel is a publicity/awareness stunt.

I totally get not being able to eat catfish. I only eat farm-raised. There are some bodies of water around here that you do not want to eat a bottom feeder. Blech!

2. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Jester did a good job of explaining why Christians don't follow the O.T. dietary laws.
    As far as I know, the N.T. only mentions homosexuality that one time, in I Corinthians.
    Do we spend as much time criticizing the greedy, or slanderers, or swindlers? I think there are a lot more mentions of those sins.

There are many, many admonitions in both the New and Old Testaments for us to care for the poor and powerless, maybe we need to focus more on Christian love and less on judging our neighbors.

3. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Well-Known Member

Even if the could they wouldn't. You're either fooling yourself or, like obama, you're trying to fool everyone else. You know that this is just another diversion tactic by a President to keep attention away from the disaterous economy that St. barack has given us.

4. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I was going to say, YES - the liberals spend alot of time criticizing the greedy, slanderers, and swindlers (you know - The Rich)... and then I remembered.... you're liberal. :) :grouphug: :cheers:

5. KDsGrandma

:cheers::grouphug::)

6. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Once again you have this all wrong. Currently a person can be blackmailed if they are gay and in the military. Someone like the Wikileaks guy can gain information if that person is blackmailed into treason. Why not stop it by eliminating that law? Are you against repealing the law or do you want them to be blackmailed? This has nothing to do with religion and I don't think they will swap spit at the NCO Club, just like most hetros don't.

Sherry

7. KDsGrandma

8. tukasiya

tukasiya Well-Known Member

"I personally don't care if anyone is gay as long as they understand that their maker doesn't approve."

What? How could their maker not approve if their maker made them gay? They certainly did not choose to be gay. Why would anyone choose to be gay?