Property reevaluation

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by LansingDr, Dec 3, 2010.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Call them!!!! :lol: I swear, the don't bite!!

2. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

I really can't complain. I could get the amount they assessed it at if I were to sell it today.

3. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Dang, my old house only went up 13,000 and we had painted, added a pool/deck, and cleared the back lot. We did *alot* of work. New owners are lucky! It's below what I sold it for.

4. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

where did u get this info? the only thing we got was a form that states the new assessed value - no details on what its based on?

5. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

6. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Because your fireplace is nicer than hers. Shhhh!!!!! Those are quality codes if I am not mistaken.

7. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Correct.

8. elims

elims Well-Known Member

9. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Ours went up about $36500 and we have only added a small outbuilding. Upon looking closely at the appraisal card, it appears that over 30K of the increase is in increased land value. I find that hard to believe (20K to 50K)?? Seems a bit extreme.

10. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

11. Niese

Niese Well-Known Member

Mine went up $26K - majority of which they claims is for the land.

12. softballmom

softballmom Well-Known Member

Mine went up $23,600. But it is 11,000 less than the appraisal that was done in the past two months for a re-fi. So, I can't complain.

13. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Ours is actually a few thousand less than the appraised value we just had when refinancing the house a few months ago.

14. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Same thing with ours but I thought there's supposed to be a difference between real estate value and property tax value,I could be wrong though...

15. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

The appraisal for property tax is supposed to be their best estimate of the actual value of the property. A sale between a willing buyer and a willing seller is the only real way to know the value of property, so a tax appraisal, like a refi appraisal, can only be an estimate. Besides, tax appraisals are only done once every 8 years here, so as time goes by and conditions change they become less accurate.

16. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Mine went up $7,390.00. I was kind of hoping it would of gone down. I haven't be able to mow my side yard all year cause I haven't been able to keep my mower working long enough to cut it. The grass is so high there I think I would need someone with a bushwhacker to cut it come spring. Also being unemployed I haven't had the money to really fix or upgrade anything.

So I guess with a higher price it means more property tax. Just what we need in a down economy.

17. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

I am just thankful for the FARM classification. The Market Value $$$$ was a shocker!

18. esther

esther Active Member

property revaluation

glad I was on here yesterday reading everyone's comments. when I got home from work there was my letter from Johnston Cty Tax office. I live in Waverly point off 50. My taxes went up over $25,000. Couldn't believe it!

19. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Maybe, maybe not. It depends on the county budget. If the overall budget stays the same as last year, then tax rates should go down substantially. Some people will pay more than before and some less, but overall revenue needs depend on the budget, not the value of taxable property.

20. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Well I hope it does go down. But like the saying goes: "from your lips to the county commissioner ears" :) sort of speak