TerraFin Station - reviews only please

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by tassy, Aug 22, 2010.

1. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

got mines!:mrgreen:

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

got this email today, Sat nite sounds like fun:

Hi everyone!

Happy Wednesday! Don't forget that tonight is half priced pasta for dinner- dine in only please.

We also wanted to remind everyone of our Halloween party on Saturday night. Johnny Orr will be performing starting at 9PM in the back bar room. We will also have a fire show outside... of course! Come check out these amazing performers as they twirl, throw and swallow fire! Come dressed up in your Halloween costume and enjoy drink specials all night long!

Hope to see you soon at TerraFin Station!

3. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

DH & I just enjoyed a fabulous dinner at Terrafin. I am sooooo happy they are here and it looks like they are doing well. There was a pretty good crowd when we were there tonight. And I have a big plate of spicy alfredo pasta & shrimp for tomorrows lunch, YUM!!
    Love Terrafin!!

4. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Another tidbit of news, the upstairs is almost ready for private parties - just in time for the Holidays:hurray::hurray::hurray:

5. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

I dined at TerraFin for the first time recently and had an excellent experience. I know on past posts people complained about the noise level, but I can't comment on that as it was a week night and there were very few other parties there. I had the Ahi Tuna, which was a nice size portion and YUMMY! The meal was $20 and included two sides. I had green beans (crisp, lightly buttered) and mashed potatoes (seemed to be garlic seasoned). I nearly licked my plate clean! $20 is a lot for frequent dining, but this is a good restaurant when you want a really nice meal with several appropriately expensive dishes. We don't have anything else like this restaurant close to 42/40. You would have to go to Raleigh to find a restaurant with similar menu items and for the same price if not more. So what I am saying is that although the prices range from $15-$25 for an entree, the food is worth the price. Other meals at my table included Seared Scallops, Black and Blue Pasta with Sirloin and Asparagus, and the Spinach Dip as an appetizer. All great. I will definitely be going back with my husband, not every week, but definitely for date night every so often.

6. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

I held a lunch meeting there today in the private room and it went wonderfully! Everyone loved the food (including the lunch prices) & the private room was perfect! I definitely recommend for events as well. We already scheduled another :)

7. irishluck

irishluck Well-Known Member

I'm sad I don't see any vegetarian dishes on the menu..

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Think we are finally going to get to try them this weekend. :cheers:

9. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I'm sure you could be accommodated.

10. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i am so looking forward to Friday, we have a holiday business function there for lunch!!!!

11. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

they have many pasta dishes and dinner salads....and as someone else said, I am sure they could accomodate any specila requests to any dish.

12. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

True vegetarian or selective veg.?

13. Karmol

Karmol Well-Known Member

I have been twice now. I got pasta dishes both times and both were quite yummy! I will be back. No wait at lunchtime is great too!

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

DH and I FINALLY got to go Friday night. Food was fantastic (DH's scallops were to die for), service was good, no complaints at all and we will be back soon.

15. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

We went last night and had the special....dh had the NC Angus ribeye and I had the NC Angus strip steaks.... they were so good! Nate (chef) came out and told us that he has been able to go to the farm where the cattle are raised and see their operation and is just thrilled to be able to offer steaks from as close as an hour and a half away. Yummmmmy!!!! Oh, and the apple crisp for dessert was good too, just like my moms!

16. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Did u guys get the email? TFS is having a New Years Eve party this year and then menu looks great!!! To make things even better, they have arranged for limo rides home for only $5 a person - i might actually be able to talk DH into going out this year:hurray:

17. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

don't forget the fine print on the limo offer, you have to live within a 10 mile radius of TFS.

18. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

thanks Tassy, yep i missed that part but at least i do live within 10 miles, now just gotta talk DH into it:lol:

19. smellarat

smellarat Well-Known Member

I went there yesterday for lunch around noon and the temperature inside the restaurant was almost as cold as outside. My friends and I had to wear our coats the whole time. We would have left but we thought the heat would kick in eventually. The waiter said it was hard to heat that building. Bad for business this time of year. I'm sure it gets warmer by dinner. I'll go back for dinner but not for lunch until it warms up some.

20. Crysta

Crysta Guest

I didn't go back through 14 pages to see if this was already mentioned, so forgive me if it is a repost. You can now get Restaurant.com certificates for Terrafin station. They are $25 certificates that can be used on any purchase of $35 or more for dinner only, and they add 18% gratuity. They're out of stock now, but you might want to keep an eye on these for when they do their 70-80% off sales.