where to recycle mamoth TV?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by pbarefoot, Dec 9, 2010.

1. pbarefoot

pbarefoot Well-Known Member

I have an old 36" TV (the kind that takes 2 grown men to lift). We have finally come out of the dark ages and bought a widescreen TV. Anyone know where I can take this TV to be recycled? I live in Johnston cty.

Tx!

PB

2. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

nope. don't know. but i can tell you what we did with ours. we had a 52" (i think...it was monster) big ole box of a tv that didn't work anymore. rolled that heavy, cumbersome thing down our gravel driveway on a dolly and a prayer one saturday and left it on the side of the road. put a sign on it: BROKEN BUT FREE. left for soccer games...came back...it was gone. we've gotten rid of a high chair and old end tables and the like that way too. i'm hoping they all went to a good home. :)

3. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

we kinda did something similar with our big ole 72" big screen that took half my living room - posted it as free on craig's list and within 30 minutes had at least 5 calls begging to come take it - we went with the first guy that call and he showed up within 60 minutes and moved it out of the house and took it away.

4. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I've got one too. So can we bring ours to your house? :jester:

5. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

as long as they don't make the trip up the driveway!!

6. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Craigslist.....of course! 8)

7. pbarefoot

pbarefoot Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone. I will be posting it on Craigslist....fingers crossed!

8. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

When we bought our new lcd to replace a dead 35" tube tv we called the trash company and asked them. They offered to pick it up for us. Can't remember if they charged us or not, but if they did it wasn't much.

9. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

The regular trashman was able to get it in the route truck himself. If he hadn't been able to get it himself, they said they would send a truck to get it for a $10.