Rant of the day...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by harleygirl, Aug 26, 2010.

1. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Just for you honey, don't tell nobody.
    Shhh... :mrgreen:

2. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I don't know where the "People you wish would just go away thread" is. But I have one to add -

Oksana Grigorieva

3. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I'm leaving for the beach in 3 days and I woke up with a swollen ankle and can barely walk on it. :banghead:

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Just found out I have to work Friday and I was told I'd be off!!! Damn it!!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

5. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

People :banghead::banghead::banghead:

(not ya'll.)

6. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

at Food Lion yesterday afternoon - this woman in a BIG black SUV pulls through the parking space and parks w/ almost 1/2 her car sticking out past the parking space, into the traffic lane (between parking rows). She gets out, yacking on her cell phone. She's parked beside me so I ask her 'do you realize how far your sticking out?' (I thought since she was on her phone 'maybe' she didn't pay attention...) She gets all snippy - telling me to mind my own business! :evil: There was not enough room left where 2 cars could drive through! Plus she's parked w/in inches of my passenger side - couldn't have opened that door at all if I'd needed to! Not sure what her problem was - the only thing I can think is she really couldn't drive something that big and she wanted to be able to get her grocery card to the back of her car? But if thats the case - why not park farther out in the parking lot instead of right near the front, causing everyone else a headache, cause you can't back-up your car :banghead: I couldn't even see around her hood to see if there was traffic coming! If you can't drive it - don't buy it! :evil:

7. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I actually came to work to work! Don't come in my office and start crying because someone hurt your feelings, put your big girl panties on and get back to work. I may have come to work to get on 4042 also so leave me alone.

Sherry

8. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

9. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I don't know which is funnier, stealing ink cartridges or time.

10. Sherry A.

11. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

My rant of the day is people starting new threads when one on the same topic already exists.

Just think of the electrons we are wasting!!!!

12. Sherry A.

Funny, I noticed the same.

Shery

13. SunShine26

SunShine26 Well-Known Member

To the lady with the license plate AFL 9110:

There is a reason for speed limit signs on every road. There was absolutely no reason for you to be riding my bumper the whole time while I was going the presumed speed. Just in case you did not see my son in his car seat after you passed me, on a double line at that, I did have precious cargo with me. Had I needed to slam on brakes for whatever reason, its obvious you would have been the one to damage my car. My car is replaceable but my son is not. Had this happened and you caused injury to my child, you wouldn't have seen the last of me. How about thinking about other people rather than yourself. I promise you won't get to your destination any faster.

14. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

I must be in the ranting mood today, because I have two rants.

1. I am so annoyed that people who come to do work on my house leave their trash and scraps behind in my yard. I had this issue with the fence company that fenced in our yard. I was assured that it was company policy to clean all scraps up and that they would clean it all up when they came back. Well, after they came back I got to looking around and they had thrown all the metal scraps that were in the yard to the wood line behind our house which is still our property. Then yesterday a company came to take an electric dog fence down from the house next door and they took the bright yellow clips off of the polls and threw about 10 of them in our yard and just left them there for us to clean up. What possessed the guy to throw his trash in someone else's yard?!?! I have a good mind to call his company and let them know how unprofessional its employee is.

2. I hate that pictures of meals at restaurants and on prepackaged meals are soooooo misleading. I just heated up my lunch that looked oh so scrumptious on the package only to open it and find about three tiny pieces of chicken on it. The picture shows at least double that amount. I get that it is not going to look as good as some professional can make it look for a picture, but they shouldn't make it seem like there will be more than there actually is. On another meal I eat for lunch sometimes there are big broccoli florets in the picture. You open it up and there are only the tiny pieces of broccoli that come off of the floret and they look like they've been sprinkled on. Come on people!!! I'm hangry!!!

15. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Yet more proof that good service is becoming a thing of the past! I just found out that the electric range I ordered and which was supposed to get delivered this Friday will not be here until next week Friday due to some damage that occurred at the warehouse,only found this out because I called them,not the other way around! Then a few minutes ago I get a call from the delivery Co. saying that it will be here THIS Friday :?:? So I call the Delivery Co. and told the one on the phone all about,she was going to call me right back.............:lol::ack: Yeah right!

16. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Not necessarily a rant, but more of a question...Why is the reigning Miss Johnston County from Cary??? :confused:
    I know at least a few young ladies who actually reside in Johnston County who would represent us extremely well at the Miss NC pageant, but according to wtsb, a Cary resident won. I am not a pageant person, as you can tell since I didn't know that you don't have to live here to claim the title, but why is that even allowed?? And what do these folks do? Enter every county pageant until they win one? Okay, I guess it is a rant after all. :?

17. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Not that it changes your rant any, but according to the Miss Johnston County website, she (Brittany Crews) is currently living in Raleigh.

To continue...

According to the info packet:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2012
  18. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

From WTSB online:

Bindhu Pamarthi, daughter of Latha Pamarthi of Cary, was crowned Miss Johnston County on December 17 at the Paul A. Johnston Auditorium on the campus of Johnston Community College in Smithfield. She is a senior at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill majoring in Political Science and Psychology.

Thanks for the info, I still don't get why they do it that way.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2012
  19. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

The Miss Johnston County website has not been updated in a full year, it would seem. Even the info packet is dated back to 2011.

20. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

It's pretty common with most of the pageants that they allow people from outside of that area to participate. I never understood it either. It's not unique to JoCo, or even to NC.