A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Yeah, lol I forgot about DNA Bail Bonds and Aaron Rents. "Look mommy, a giant TV!" "Yes, honey and for only 50.00 a week and copies of last month's paychecks you can rent it!"

2. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Yes, my daughter used to love it as well. She was usually on a float throwing candy and eating as much as she threw. Always loved getting hot chocolate and watching but am glad I don't "have" to be out in the cold anymore.

Cannot believe you were out in that weather without gloves. I have a habit of putting a pair in most pockets of jackets that I wear in the winter so I don't run into that problem. Have fun at the Clayton one too!!

Sherry

3. Cleopatra

Yes, they LOVED the truck, and the Sudans! My girls will be gone this weekend, which is why we went to Smithfield's parade. AND to see your daughter. lol

[​IMG]

4. Cleopatra

I kept my hands in my pockets mostly. My feet were colder than my hands!

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Boss just got back from having a key made for me at Walmart at 4042 and said they evacuated the store while he was there. Anyone know what was up? He didn't see anythign out of the way.

6. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

They had more than one register open and had to get everyone out before people realized it.

:jester:

7. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Hmmm what to do tonight? :cheers:

8. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

AND...it is supposed to rain...Oh Joy! My oldest will be marching again this year and will come home ill, tired, and wet...can't wait!! :boxing:

9. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Last year we had to park about three blocks away and we got there about 2:30. Not a bad hike at all, except for having to carry all your cold weather gear + chairs. The way the weather man talked, they might get the parade in before it rains since the air is so dry close to the ground. Fingers crossed! I'm scratching around trying to find my thermals right now, but the slightest bit of rain and it's a no-go for me.

Are there any other late scheduled parades left? We didn't make it to any of the others and it looks like the Clayton parade may be a bust for today. They should have a just-in-case rain date.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2010
  10. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

My son just called saying they are not marching in the parade and please come to get him at the high school. Not sure if the parade is still going on, but a band parent said that several entries had pulled out due to the weather.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2010
  11. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Clayton Police FB page says parade goes on rain or shine. Guess it'll be a wash this year! :(

12. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Yep...thanks for the correction. I just got an email from a band parent and updated my posting to reflect that the band is not marching, but the parade was not canceled. My son took no marching to mean the parade was canceled. Sorry for the bad information. That's what happens when I take it from my 16 year old! :mrgreen:

13. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I wish they had planned a rain date. We skipped it and went skating instead.

14. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot Tassy, now you got me wanting a Coach Purse, that purple one was awesome:jester:

15. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I am the queen of "purp"!

My mom will tell you that she swears I was born with purple eyes...LOL! But, when I was little, even though purple was my favorite color, I couldn't pronounce the word "purple" and all they could coax out of me was "purp".

It was good to see you & the DH last night!!

:cheers:

16. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I wish I was half as perfect as some folks think they are. 8)

17. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Which half do you want to be perfect?

18. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Sometimes I wonder if men and women really suit each other. Perhaps they should live next door and just visit now and then.
    ~Katharine Hepburn

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Zipping my lips before the smartarse comment that came to mind pops out. :jester:

20. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

It certainly sounds like a good idea,at least some of the times or was that most of the times :mrgreen: