Why Wasn't Bon Jovi Inducted Into Rock & Roll Hall of Fame?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Sherry A., Dec 15, 2010.

1. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

i also agree it's because they are far down the priority list in terms of eligible bands not yet in. everybody listened that crap in the mid/late 80's, admit it. chicks dug it, so there ya go. did hootie and the blowfish suck? maybe, but they sold 25 million copies. everybody knows their work for better or worse, and they had an impact. you can make an argument for bon jovi, but not yet, imho.

2. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I was going to say its cause Bon Jovi is from New Jersey but Bruce Springsteen got in in 1999 and Frankie Valle and the four seasons got in 1990.

Give it time Bon Jovi will get in.

Heck if Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five can get in. Anyone can get in :)

3. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Did The Marshall Tucker Band ever get in? If not, someone should be shot over it.

4. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Woah... Them theres fightin' words....

5. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Neil Diamond got in, db. That is just not right, it's called the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I guess my ex-husband is excited but for me Bon Jovi, yes from the 80s, but others also beat Neil Diamond. Yulk.

Sherry

6. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

At least Leon Russel made it. 8)

7. Sherry A.

When did he make it? I love that guy. Jesus I remember being with him back in the early 70s fun guy.

Sherry

8. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

You were with Jesus in the early 70s?

9. dangerboy

neil diamond would be higher on the list than bon jovi, taste notwithstanding. he wrote all sorts of #1s for other people, too, ya know.

10. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Not to mention he was a Fencer! :cheers:

11. Sherry A.

Yeah, I forgot he wrote songs for others. Still think others deserved it more but all I can do is complain, I guess.

Sherry

12. dgsatman

According to this morning's N&O, he was selected as the honoree for the new "Award for Music Excellence", previously known as the "Sideman' category. He was highly touted by no less an icon than Elton John, with whom he has a new duet album, "The Union". Can't wait to hear it! 8)

13. Sherry A.

I saw an interview with Elton and Leon on CBS Sunday Morning and it was great. The music they played together was great and I cannot wait to get the album. I didn't know Leon was still alive until Elton decided to conjure him up again and what a find.

Sherry

14. dangerboy

haha here at work, we call that the "art linkletter award"....the "we thought you were already dead" award...

15. dgsatman

He actually plays locally once in a while. I saw him at the Lincoln Theater a couple of years. What a show fo onlyr $20.00!! Also saw Neil Young there about the same time for the same price. There are still bargains to be had in this world! 8)