Major Issue's With a Local Restaurant, What Can You Do?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Hotwire, Dec 14, 2010.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

OK, I love salmon and I wouldn't have eaten THAT. Gross.

2. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

I agree

3. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

my cats have had salmon jerky that didn't look that bad!

:?

4. ncroxx

ncroxx Well-Known Member

ugh

doesnt look palatable AT ALL. Should have been apologized to profusely,along with meal being comped. Customers are too hard to get and too valuable to lose!!

5. Kdog

Kdog Well-Known Member

Based on the grill and plate I would say it was Kobe or Kaze

Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  6. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

That's salmon?

7. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

please pm me the name of the restaurant so I won't take my family there

8. me&them

me&them Well-Known Member

That would be Kobe's in Clayton. We had a simaler exsperience there but we didn't pay and never went back.

9. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

The sad thing is that businesses must advertise to attract new customers, where they could spend less by taking care of the customers they have, and gaining repeat business.

Why many, not all, yet enough business owners don't understand and practice this is beyond me.

So, to have a Teppanyaki style meal, I can drive to Clayton and get treated poorly, or drive to Raleigh or Cary, pay more for the drive, and at least be able to eat and enjoy the meal.

One would think that the Clayton folks near Adam and Eve would get a clue.

10. roca1216

roca1216 Well-Known Member

That looks like crap! You need to post the restaurant on this thread. I would never go back if the food continues to look like that. Some people cant run a restaurant. I would bet the salmon was out of date as well. If you dont want to post the name please email it to me. Being a chef I always look at the health grade on WRAL before I go out to eat.

11. Hotwire

Hotwire Well-Known Member

PM's sent to those requested. Again, I am trying to be as professional as possible by not posting the name publicly. As I want to at least give them a chance to contact us back. If they haven't by tonight, I will post the name on the original.

12. Crysta

Crysta Guest

We haven't been happy with Kobe or Kaze, and we've tried both twice. The food and service just aren't as good. So we happily drive to Raleigh and go to Kanki.

13. Hotwire

Long live Kanki! We have never been treated unfairly and have always received GREAT food and service.

14. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Love me some Kanki. Best food and service as you said. We have a two day rule in our house on take out......if we didn't I'd never see my take out.

Sherry

15. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Yeah... ate at Kobe ONCE... never again.

It's Kanki all the way for this household when you do get the chance (and money :lol:) to go. They are worth the drive.

16. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

while I'm not against eating at the teppanyaki tables when I go to these places I'm usually 99.9% of the time ordering sushi so I don't have to worry about stuff being over cooked. As such it is rare that you will find me sitting anywhere but at the sushi bar where I can watch them prepare my food and have a conversation with the chef doing so.

17. Hotwire

**** UPDATE *******

My wife and I have decided to post the name of the restaurant for the public since no one has contacted us. My wife tried calling again tonight, and the lady said (again) that no manager was present and was not willing to give a number to contact the manager or owner.

The restaurant: KOBE JAPANESE STEAKHOUSE in CLAYTON on Highway 70

Please stay far, far away from this restaurant as their customer service will horrify you if you have issues with your meal. We stayed civilized and polite, yet nothing. Thank you all for your support!

18. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I wonder if you called the Kobe in Smithfield if you might find a manager there, from what I understood when the one in Clayton opened, they were owned by the same people.

19. Hotwire

My wife called Smithfield's Kobe last night and they said they would check on it and call us back today...and that never happened.

20. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

As confirmed by many on here, you handled this well.