Diamonds

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by smellarat, Dec 16, 2010.

1. smellarat

smellarat Well-Known Member

Need to know the best place to buy diamond earrings that won't require a loan from the bank. Don't suggest Kohl's.

2. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

These days checking out a Pawnshop might be worth it!

3. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

How about Sam's Club? I was told they only mark their jewelry up 7%. I bought my Husband a ring there 8 years ago on our 15th anniversary. It was a lot less expensive than the mall jewelers and just as nice.

4. roca1216

roca1216 Well-Known Member

I just bought a pair at Evans Jewelers in Smithfield. Daniel gave me a great deal at 30% off. He is looking to get rid of his Inventory for Christmas.

5. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Pawn Shop and Sam's Club?

Come on people....

6. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Jareds, beautiful unique jewelry and price is right.

7. DAH22

DAH22 Well-Known Member

Sears! My husband bought me a pair a while back from there and they were GIA certified/graded. Sears has sells and coupons all the time. We buy most of our jewelry from Heltzberg and Anfessa's but for a pair of diamond earrings Sears is actually great!

8. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Selma Jewelry. Al is the best. We have been shopping there for over 20 years and would not go anywhere else for quality or price. And, you are supporting local business rather than a chain retailer. Good luck!

9. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

What's wrong with Sam's Club? They have pretty jewelry and great prices. The other poster was looking for something that is affordable.

"Need to know the best place to buy diamond earrings that won't require a loan from the bank. Don't suggest Kohl's."

10. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Have had great service from Vincents on Main Street in Clayton.

11. smellarat

Thanks everyone. I'll be checking out some of these places tomorrow.

12. me&them

me&them Well-Known Member

My husband actually bought me a pair of 1 ct earrings from kolh's two years ago. He got the ones' that were GIA certified/graded. He went an had them appraised to see if he got a good deal or not. Turn's out that they were worth alittle more then there retail price. So he got a great deal since he bought them onsale and also he got over 400 in Kolh's cash!

13. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

CMI in Raleigh!

14. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

DH gave me a pair of diamond earrings a couple of years ago. A couple of months later I lost them. I found them about a month ago in a deep curved section of a side pocket in a purse that I started to take to Goodwill on 2 or 3 occasions. I was searching for a miracle of finding a migraine med and found those earrings! I don't know what they are caret wise but he finally told me the other day what he paid for them. It must have made him sick when I told him I lost them.

15. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I second Evan's - it's where my husband shops. He bought me a pair there last year, and my husband is very.... ummmm frugal.

16. smellarat

I'm glad you found something there. I didn't clarify why I didn't want anyone to suggest Kohl's. I wasn't being snobby towards Kohl's. I had just already been there last week and didn't see what I was looking for. This year they had an unusual amount of cloudy diamonds. Even at 65% off, they weren't worth the money.

17. me&them

me&them Well-Known Member

I don't blame you for not wanting cloudy diamonds. Like I said this was two years ago and I think they have gone down on there standards. I went to look for some small ones for my daughter a few months ago and I didn't see anything worth buying either.

We love Anfesa's as well.

18. jbny2076

jbny2076 Well-Known Member

Not sure if you would consider online buying. But if you do check out whiteflash.com. I bought an engagement ring from them a couple years ago. Excellent, honest and good prices. I was very picky when i picked mine diamond out and was never pressured into any sale. I was refered to them from some folks on pricescope forum.

19. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Were they trying to market them as "chocolate" diamonds?

:mrgreen:

20. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

The reason i respect Jared's so much is that even though my diamond engagement ring my DH bought me so many years ago is only less than 1/2 carot, they totally respected it and commented that although it was not the largest diamond it was a perfect diamond and appraised it as such when i went to have it reset. They really do know their business and their prices are reasonable and their warranties are awesome.