Pizzelles

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by giapn73, Dec 16, 2010.

1. giapn73

giapn73 Well-Known Member

anyone know where I can get some Pizelles? I checked lowes foods in clayton and they do not have them

2. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

Are you talking about the thin cookies called "pizzelles" If so, I have seen them at BJ's in the cookie section

3. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

4. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

ok...WHAT is a pizzelle?

My husband is bringing me Kringles down from Wisconsin; he found out about them last week and I can't wait to try them!

5. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

LOL -

6. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

Just found this website; it says they are carried at Costco, BJ's, etc. here in NC. But, in Georgia, it says that Kroger carries them. Maybe check with the Kroger store in Garner and see if they have them.

7. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

in the cleveland post they have the 12 days of christmas cookies and this weeks has the recipe for pizzelles.

8. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

They're at BJ's... what do you do with them?

9. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

You eat them!! Yummy.... italian anise flavored thin waffle-looking treat, i don't know if I'd call it a cookie.

Clayton Bakery & Cafe over near LOL Comedy Club on 70 might have some. I know I've seen them there in the past.

10. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

Boy do I remember those! My mom did not care for them due to the anise but I always liked them!

11. Snuffyjo

Snuffyjo Well-Known Member

I couldn't find them at BJ'S! Bought them like crazy last year. Actually have a pizelle maker, just don't have the time!

12. nsanemom22

Are they piz-ELs? or pizell-EEs?

13. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

your first guess is correct.

14. nsanemom22

You laughed at me didn't you. :p

15. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

:jester::jester:

16. claytonian

claytonian Well-Known Member

We used to make them by the hundreds just before Christmas. We'd all gather at my grandmother's and there would be several pizzelle makers going. Not only did we do the anise flavored, but we did chocolate. Sooooo good.

17. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

If anyone does end up finding them locally let me know. I've never heard of these but now I want to try them! I'm also looking for some new ideas for treats to put out on Christmas Eve when the family gathers at my place.

18. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I can rule out the Lowes Foods in Clayton, she said they haven't carried them in a while.

19. claytonian

claytonian Well-Known Member

I bet the little Italian corner store across from Krispy Kreme in Raleigh will have them.

20. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

The one that used to be next to the Florist, if we are thinking of the same one, they closed a year or two ago.

Edited to add... it was called "Conti's", and they closed just about 2 yrs ago.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2010