Total eclipse of the heart

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by CraigSPL, Dec 20, 2010.

1. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

2. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I heard it said that a total lunar eclipse would not happen again at the winter solstice for us until 2094 or something like that. That being said, however, a lunar eclipse is rarely any different regardless of what day it occurs on. Therefore, I will choose to sleep through and read about it tomorrow.

3. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Supposedly this will be darker than a regular eclipse due to the timing, but due to the timing my eyelids will be even darker.

4. smellarat

smellarat Well-Known Member

My neighbor is having an eclipse party. Any excuse to party. :roll:

5. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

6. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

im trying to stay awake for it. i just got home from work and im beat but my 8 yr. old wants me to wake him at 241 am. im afraid my alarm wont go off if i go to sleep for a little while. and then being out in the cold air will wake his little a** up and he wont be able to fall back asleep!

db's wife

7. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, thanks Delta, I got to see it at about 33%.

Pretty cool, literally!

8. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

wow...that was SO cool. the boy popped right out of bed when i woke him at 240 am. he said it was in the name of science. he didnt stay out too long but watched until just the tiniest bit of light was seen on the moon. then in for some hot chocolate and now he is snoring. i went back out to watch for a while longer but decided i should come in when my toes didnt seem cold anymore8)

db's wife

9. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

It was worth the effort to get up for the show. I figured I would not be here for the next total eclipse.