Major Issue's With a Local Restaurant, What Can You Do?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Hotwire, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Smudger

Smudger Well-Known Member

LOSER!

2. Josey Wales

Josey Wales Well-Known Member

I would NOT give up on talking to the manager. I'd get the name of the lady who answers the phone, and promise to worry the living crap out of her everyday until I got a response from management. Then when I finally spoke to the manager, I'd give him my assessment of his management qualities and an estimate for how much longer I thought he'd be in business.

3. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Let me add another nail to Kobes coffin.....

Anyone who bought gift certificates to Kobe from www.restaurant.com, Kobe won't accept them and claim it was a scam. They have signs on their doors and at the register....

I called restaurant.com and they gave me a credit to apply to any other $25 gift certificates I might purchase. The woman I spoke with commented that Kobe is still under contract on those certificates and was going to have someone contact them. IMHO Kobe may not have understood the contract, or felt they were getting scammed because they aren't actually making money on those certificates but didn't realize it until after the fact. They are getting the advertising out of it, and potential new customers.

IIRC, it was the same issue with Marco's when they wouldn't accept them.

4. momtofive

momtofive Well-Known Member

Have you tried calling the Kobes in Smithfield? They may be owned by the same people and maybe you can get a manager there. Just a thought.

5. Jenna's Mom

Jenna's Mom Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think we went to Kobe twice and had so so experiences. We then found Yummi and it is 100 times better quality food than Kobe for a lot less (true, I miss salad with ginger dressing, but I can buy that on the side). The one at 40/42 is better imo (Smithfield's chicken seems a little dry) but they are both really good.

Kaze was about as thrilling as Kobe (which isn't saying a lot) though I only went there once on a very slow night (it was practically empty). I miss going to Kyoto's in Fayetteville, it's been years but they were awesome when I was little. Dunno how they would be now. There was another one Fayetteville that was pretty good too, Tai Sho I think, but I don't remember for sure.

6. Hotwire

Hotwire Well-Known Member

As stated earlier in the post, we tried calling them as well. We left our number because the manager said he couldn't help us and would have the owner contact us. Still nothing.

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I've had Yummi Japan up here at 4042 twice now and it was definitely NOT yummy. Gross chicken. I hate it when it's not prepped enough and the gross bits are left on it.:ack: Kobe is way overpriced, Kaze is just ok. If I want Japanese and don't want to pay out the ***, then I go to Bonsai's, it's usually halfway decent. I don't care a whit about the "show". Seen it several times at different Japanese restaurants, that's enough. Never been to Kanki, but will try it one of these days. 8)

8. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

That sounds very old ladyish.

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

And let the trolling begin!! Thanks DCHYDINY

10. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

That's not trolling, it's censorship and editing! :lol:

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Not from you, just waiting on the trolls we have in abundance to pile on, I'm waiting for the old lady comments. :lol:

12. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

The best way to avoid it is to not say things like
    "I don't care a whit"... :jester:

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

yeah, yeah, yeah...................:mrgreen:

14. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

old bag

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest