netflix ???

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by cynadon, Dec 27, 2010.

1. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

how long does it take to load a show/movie with DSL? is it seamless or pause while viewing?

2. wolfcub

wolfcub Well-Known Member

I had the 30-day trial from Nextflix and was doing it through my wii. The download typically took about 5-10 seconds. However, at times the movie would stop while viewing and re-calibrate. This was not often but it did happen. A couple times it never cam back on at all. I cancelled the sub because the movies avavilable instantly are not "new" movies. The plan which does not include DVD and instant streaming is cheaper but they have it so no really good new or semi-old movies are available without doing the more expensive DVD-instant plan which is more expensive. I will just keep stopping by Red Box on my way home for a buck!!

3. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Pretty much what Wolfcub said as far as the DSL end of it.

We continued our subscription, this combined with Hulu and antenna content my wife gets more quality (yeah that's debatable) content for less than $20 a month compared to over $150 a month with Direct.

Only regret, no True Blood.

4. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

We've used Netflix through the Wii for six months or more. We rarely have any issues and LOVE it!! Prior to having the ability to watch through the Wii, we watched Netflix movies on the computer. The quality and flow seemed to depend on which computer we were using.

5. Ecugyrl

Ecugyrl Well-Known Member

If you have a fast internet connection, you will have zero problems and there are fairly new movies and they add movies all the time.

6. Crysta

Crysta Guest

We also cancelled our dish and just use Netflix and Hulu. On the $9.99 plan, we get unlimited streaming plus 1 DVD at a time. It's been a few months and we're still happy. Saves us about $60 a month plus whatever we were spending at the Redbox.