What a decent man Todd Michael Fair

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by FFF, Dec 26, 2010.

1. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Y'all need to listen to the squirrel!

2. RealityCheck

RealityCheck Well-Known Member

Just using the description that the newspaper did.

3. smellarat

smellarat Well-Known Member

:cheers:

4. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

It is what's called AN ANALOGY.

There's a big difference between thinking someone is nice, smart, cute, pretty - whatever - and thinking she's so hot I'd be willing to give up my wife, kids, career, etc. to flirt and more.

5. Josey Wales

Josey Wales Well-Known Member

No. Actually its not like that at all. This wasn't a "little girl", and who told you any molesting went on?
    Yes he screwed up and will have to face the consequences. But keep in mind that this was not an issue until revenge was needed. If you've raised a teenage daughter who waits to do the right thing only because she needs to blackmail an adult man, you're facing some pretty tough consequences of your own.
    Please elaborate, post a link, or something. I think you're reading a lot into this that isn't there.

6. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Sexuality is what it is.

(some) Teenagers today have learned to manipulate using sexuality. Whether it's for misguided attempts at getting the attention they crave or getting what they want, they know how to use it.

Unfortunately along with the increase in sexuality at young ages some adult men (and women) have let their brain cells travel south to their loins.

Regardless of how you want to believe all the talk of innocence there are many factors that come into play with the way teenagers behave these days.

Have you watched MTV lately? or how about that stupid show Jersey Shore? these shows are geared towards teenagers and they exude sexuality and glamorize the ways you can use it for your own gain. Along with this "holy grail knowledge" of sexuality teenagers take it too far and they do not think of the consequences of their actions.

I am not defending any adult and their stupid choices when they take advantage of a teenagers naivety, but you cannot lay 100% of the blame on the adult these days in some cases. By the age of 13-14 these kids know right from wrong.

The adult should be punished accordingly by the law but the teenager needs to have consequences to pay as well if they showcase themselves in a manner they should not.

zipping up suit ... flame away

7. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

*stands behind red with a bucket of water

8. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

We are all to blame than for allowing this sexuality to run rampant over us without somehow addressing it and accountability, and mostly it needs to start at the home.

9. RealityCheck

RealityCheck Well-Known Member

http://www.garnerclayton.com/2010/12/22/5435/former-school-officer-charged.html

http://www.theherald-nc.com/2010/12/22/16994/former-school-officer-charged.html

From the articles:
    "Todd Michael Fair, 40, faces two counts of disseminating obscenities to a minor and one count of taking indecent liberties with a child. According to the indictment, Fair "took indecent liberties with a child who was under the age of 16 years for the purpose of arousing and gratifying sexual desire."

10. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

Why are we still talking about this? It is an undisputed fact that the guy sent photos of himself to a minor. He is now charged with that they were obscene in nature. And just for the folks who want to wait for the facts that's all fine and good, but once again my belief based on the facts is that it was an obscene photo of himself and I'm assuming the proof is pretty good and given that it's a photo and that is very hard to dispute unless his defense can prove someone else sent them from his phone.

http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/8795405/

Here are the charges directly from the court system website so this is not a matter of the news media reporting incorrect information.

http://www1.aoc.state.nc.us/www/calendars.Officer.do?index=Next+25&start=75&officer=&navindex=3&county=&agency=&citnum=&defname=FAIR&officerNum=&Next+25.x=37&Next+25.y=11

So I'm not sure how that makes me judgemental or non-educated (Mr. P 8))

11. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

I fail to understand your logic...

12. VolleyGrl

Please elaborate, post a link or something that says that blackmail had anything to do with this situation. It may very well have, but until you have proof to present to us that this is indeed a FACT of the situation then we can only comment on what has been proven as fact.

p.s. I think this girl knew what she was doing and is not innocent in all this. I also think calling him a molester is a bit much. But we have to deal with the facts as they stand now and have been made public and blackmail and revenge have simply not been brought to light as fact.

13. Shadow Rider

Shadow Rider Well-Known Member

If you're getting your jollies with a 14 year old, don't be shocked when you get blackmailed. (if that is the case)

After reading some of these posts, I'm wondering if maybe we should only have female deputies at the High Schools. Seems like some on here feel like grown men are just to vulnerable to those sexy 14 year olds and can't resist.

14. VolleyGrl

Agreed, which makes what he did even more stupid.

As for the female deputies, I don't know the statistics, but the ladies have gotten in plenty of trouble for messing around with male students so I'm not sure that would be the answer either. As long as it's a human being there's the possibility of a mess up.

15. the2popes

the2popes Active Member

I can tell you that Steve Bizzell needs to send ALL of his Officers to sex anonymous....the majority of them are nothing but horn dogs with a badge....I use to work there so I CAN attest to this.....most of them are cheating on their wives, having sex when and wherever they can while ON duty....it's just a sad, sad Department.

16. Shadow Rider

Shadow Rider Well-Known Member

The female deputies part was very tongue-in-cheek. I was a Prison Superintendent when I retired from the state, and believe me, there were plenty of dismissals over the years with female correctional officers and inmates.

17. VolleyGrl

Oh boy....that's a broad generalization my friend. You may want to revise your statement to just say something about the ones you know for a fact as opposed to "most" because you're walking a fine line to slandering innocent officers and the entire department on this one. Good luck! :popcorn:

p.s. Once again, this may all be well and true, but you can only speak to the things you know to be fact (and let's face it, unless you have hard evidence such as photos, video, or an eye witness etc. of sexual situations it's hard to prove that it went on and could easily be rumor or fact.)

Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
  18. the2popes

the2popes Active Member

Again, as I worked there and saw it first hand, it's NOT slander...and there are a lot of very fine, upstanding officers there....they're not all slugs....I have no problem giving credit where it's due.

19. the2popes

the2popes Active Member

And I actually really like Todd. My son went to West and LOVED him....I DO think he made a stupid mistake, but he's got a good heart.....he IS a good man....but I don't agree with his decision....

20. VolleyGrl

Sadly, there are slugs in every profession.