Beware of this

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Grammie, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Grammie

Grammie Well-Known Member

WE CAN PICK UP FOR THEM

I HAVE A FAMILY WITH 3 KIDS AND SHE NEEDS A TWIN MATTRESS SET and/or BUNK BEDS. (KIDS ARE SHARING ROOMS) I HAVE THE FRAME FOR HER BUT SHE NEEDS A MATTRESS SET. THEY HAVE NO MONEY - IF YOU HAVE ONE YOU ARE NOT USING PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

THEY ALSO HAVE VERY LITTLE FURNITURE AND FOOD ----- ANYTHING WILL HELP THEM OUT RIGHT NOW.

THANK YOU,
    ALICIA
    919-758-8314

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEEDS PAINT TOUCH UP

TOP PAINTED GOLD (VERY UNIQUE)

DRAWERS DROP DOWN WHEN OPENED BUT MY HUSBAND WILL FIX FOR YOU IF YOU NEED HIM TO

SMOKE FREE HOME

W 38"
    D 17"
    H 34"

DELIVERY $20

CHECK OUT MY OTHER ITEMS: http://raleigh.craigslist.org/search/?areaID=36&subAreaID=&query=919-758-8314&catAbb=sss

ALICIA
    919-758-8314

She gets you to donate and the sells the stuff.

2. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

3. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Hmm, I don't know. I think it's a scam too. I think she's getting the stuff and selling or trading it.

*** ARE YOU PLANNING ON CLEANING OUT YOUR PANTRY or VANITY? *** - $1 (GARNER)

Date: 2010-12-23, 9:13PM EST
    Reply to: sale-fnqsm-2127713356@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

NO NEED TO POST FOR PICK UP ON CRAIGSLIST AND GET HUNDREDS OF EMAILS or PHONE CALLS. JUST KEEP MY NUMBER HANDY AND CALL ME - I'LL COME PICK ANYTHING UP!

FOOD, DRINKS, SHAMPOO, CONDITION, SOAP, LOTION, CANDLES, HAIR COLOR, CLOTHES, FURNITURE...........

A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G!!

I AM UNEMPLOYED AND HAVE A FAMILY TO SUPPORT.

EACH DAY SEEMS TO GET HARDER AND HARDER.

EVERYTHING HELPS.

ALICIA
    919-758-8314

4. irishluck

irishluck Well-Known Member

"each day gets harder and harder"? Oh please that'd a bit over the top. I'm calling scam.

5. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Yup, first post on this thread says it's for another family (if I'm reading it right), and the last one says for her.

6. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

So who's calling the number? 8)

7. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Can't say for sure whether it's a scam, but I actually bought some clothes from her a while back and she seems like a really nice lady.

Isn't it possible that she resells stuff AND that she's trying to help another family at the same time?

8. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

:iagree: And I am begining to think you are one of those damned liberal peoples!

9. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I actually bought some clothes from her as well...her house was FULL of stuff to sell. She had it set up like a little shop.

10. Cleopatra

I've actually been thinking of reselling stuff myself. You can find some great things at Thrift stores, stuff that is actually worth money. Turn around and sell it and make some money.

I bought a cast iron mold the other day for 3.00, and I can sell it on ebay for at least 20.00 plus the shipping. So I'll make at least 20 bucks in the deal after fees/actual shipping.

11. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Very cool, Cleo! I have a TON of stuff that I need to list on Craigslist or Ebay...just haven't had time to do it! Lots of it is new. ugh...

12. Cleopatra

Yeah, I would never resell items given or donated under the guise of being needy - but if I find a deal somewhere and *know* it's worth some $$ I'm gonna cash in. I know a mom who makes decent pocket money buying Gymboree, etc clothing at thrift stores and yardsales, and reselling on ebay.