nasty tummy bug

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by macy, Dec 31, 2010.

1. macy

macy Well-Known Member

family all week has horrible stomach bug and i was wondering if anyone else was having problems too. i guess i was wondering if it could be some type of food poison or a bad tummy virus. daughter son grandsons all had it...it last a long time with nausea and vomit and diarreah for 12 hours and then very weak feelings after ..thanks macy

2. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Ugh! Several of our friends have the same problem. Many years ago when my wife was pregnant and had such a virus I called her physician and told him "she was running off at both ends". My wife said I could have used more knowledgeable medical terms. LOL
    Hope you and your family feel better soon.

3. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

DH had something Wednesday night, puking his guts up, chills; no other problems though. I thought it must have been something he ate earlier in the day.

4. Oneqwkchk

Oneqwkchk Well-Known Member

Hubby brought something home last Wednesday from a guy at work..It was nasty! He very lovingly gave it to me so I was sick Christmas day. Some other family members have had it too. I do not wish it on anyone...

5. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

My sons had something like it. One son was in bed literally all day throwing up. Kept emptying a bowl for him & kept him hydrated. He was in awful shape. Other son got it but only threw up a few times. Thought the 3rd son might get it but he just felt nauseous. Our oldest son has had stomach pains all day & an upset stomach. Hope it is not coming back for a vengence. Feel sorry for those that get it. Nasty is all I can say. Only good news is that it is short lived.

Stephanie--mom to 7

6. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

Knocking on wood as I say this....I have not had the stomach flu, but know of several friends and family members who have had it in the last couple of weeks. They said it was horrible! Some got the nausea, some got the problem from the other end, some got both. Said they felt like they were on deaths doorstep for about 2 days.. (still knocking on wood and holding my breath..)

7. FrameMaMa

FrameMaMa Well-Known Member

My son just got up this morning with the same bug...I don't know what it is, but it's nasty!
    He woke up with a tummy ache after 3 days of getting headaches, took a shower this morning and as he was getting dressed, threw up all over the bathroom...he is so pitiful!
    So other than throwing up, and having chills, he seems to be ok...has been on the couch all day bundled up with a blanket and a bucket....bleh!:ack:

Days like this only Mommy will do....

8. siameselover

siameselover Well-Known Member

my daughter and i went to florida to visit daughter and grandkids who was there from texas. both grandkids had the stomach bug. me and daughter got it on christmas day, my hubby got it day after. grandkids parents got it and so did their other set of grandparents and their uncle.its a nasty bug and i hope i never get it again!!!!!!!!!! i slept for 2 days after

9. old school

old school Well-Known Member

It could be due to animals in your home.
    :ack:

10. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

:rolleyes:

11. VivianS

VivianS Well-Known Member

My 6 yr old woke up Tuesday complaining of her tummy hurting. I let her stay home from school. She started having diarrhea, (sorry, don't mean to be graphic) and vomited once. Within a couple of hours, she was severely dehydrated, blacked out, and collapsed. We rushed her to the ER since it's close by. She had a bag and a half of fluids via IV while there. I mentioned to the doctor that she was eating and drinking fine the night before and couldn't believe she got dehydrated so quickly. He said that this virus can do that, it consumes all the fluid in the body into the intestine. Wednesday and Thursday she still had tummy pain and a fever that fluctuated between 98-100. Here it is Friday, and she is still not 100%. She still doesn't want to eat much and as of last night was still having diarrhea, but not as often.
    This was so scary. I have never experienced anything like this before. So if any of your kids get this, keep a close eye on them. The doc and nurse in the ER said they have seen a lot of cases of this.

12. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

It's a good thing I've been keeping my body hydrated by drinking all that beer.

Honestly though the wife came down with something on Sunday and it took till Wednesday before she was feeling better and then still not totally 100%

13. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I felt fine until I just read this thread, now I feel queasy. Guess I should take the afternoon off to recover.

14. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member