good store w/ wide shoes for kid

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by dangerboy, Jan 2, 2011.

1. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

Does anybody currently online today know of a store that has a good selection of wide sizes for kids and at reasonable prices? Im going shopping in an hour or so. Maybe one of the stores at the outlet mall in smithfield? Im not familiar w/ the stores out there.

Thanks! db's wife

2. SunShine26

SunShine26 Well-Known Member

If you're going to the outlets in Smithfield, I would suggest checking out Stride Rite. That store is specifically for kids.

3. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

There is a place, I think it's called Wide Shoe Warehouse in Smithfield. It's near the Pottery. It's in one of those little strip mall shopping centers. (it's been a while since I've been there, I assume it's still there)

4. nsanemom22

388 Venture Dr # H
    Smithfield, NC 27577-4775
    (919) 934-8514

found it on google

5. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

I believe Wide Shoe Warehouse in Smithfield is closed and don't remember them carrying kid's shoes, anyway.

At the outlets, Stride Rite is your best bet, also occasionally Rack Room and Factory Brand Shoes carry some wides for kids. Believe it or not, sometimes at K-Mart a few of the kid's styles are carried in wide.

Oh, Crocs fit wide and right now everything at the outlet is BOGO free!!

6. nsanemom22

Closed?! ...shoot. Thanks.

7. On the go

On the go Well-Known Member

closed in August

8. dangerboy

I found a list of shoe stores at the outlet mall w/ phone numbers. none of them carried wide sizes for kids. i was glad i called instead trying to hit each store out there.

get this. i went to rack room at white oak. i asked an employee to measure my sons foot. the kid more or less seemed to get the size right. i asked him if my son was still measuring a wide width. he said that was something I would just have to determine by trying shoes on because they had no way of knowing. my mom said isnt that what the thing on the side of the sizer is for? he said truthfully mam i dont really know. my 9 year old knew! this was obviously this kids first day on the job!!!! I know i should have insisted he get someone who did know but i get tired or trying to right all the wrongs i come across, ya know? it was funny though.
    Also i hardly ever go to that rack room location and i know it was the sunday after a very busy weekend of sales but it was the most disorganized rack room i have ever been in!!!!! at least the back section anyway.

DB's wife

9. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Well-Known Member

I know that payless has some wide width shoes, not a great selection though.

10. DAH22

DAH22 Well-Known Member

Shoe Show and Stride Rite are my choices for my chunky foot girl :)

11. dangerboy

Shoe Show on 70 in the Walmart shopping center is GONE! -db's wife

12. DAH22

DAH22 Well-Known Member

The one at 40/42 is still open. Too bad no one sells a large selection though. We have the best luck at Stride Rite in Cary however, the one at the outlet has a few wides. Shoe Show and Payless as mentioned earlier has a few pieces too. Generally just one style dress and one or 2 tennis shoes.

13. mom23

mom23 Active Member

I know for a fact the Stride Rite outlet in Smithfield has wide shoes and they will measure your child's foot.