Need New Hair Stylist..Mine's become too EXPENSIVE!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by cristianna, Jan 5, 2011.

1. cristianna

cristianna Well-Known Member

Hi!

I'm looking for any recommendations for a new hair stylist and/or salon. My current stylist has become quite pricey and is on maternity leave now.

Unfortunately, I am in desperate need of a cut and color. I've searched the boards but didn't see anything too recent.

Thanks in advance!

2. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Mollie Bleu Mitchiner - Studio Bleu - Main St. Clayton Right across the street from the Library. I'm about as funny about my hair as most ladies, and I'm a loyal SOB, but when the price of gas got to $4.00, I quit driving to Pine Level. Mollie used to work out at the shop beside Starbucks, but has had her own shop for about a year. She does a better job on my hair than ANYONE, bar none.
    Try her out, I think you'll be pleased. 553-0006

3. steve

steve Well-Known Member

I use Helen Keller

4. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i highly recommend Tina at Radiance Salon up on 42. i have gone through several hairdressers before i found her and now i am staying with her, she does great work, great color, and a great price. i have referred several people to her and they have all been really pleased.

5. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I have to second Tina at Radiance, she is great!

To the OP... I guess what you consider "quite pricey" is relevant to the recommendations you'll get. What price range were you paying, and what services was it for?

6. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Is $160 for cut and color considered expensive around here,it was to me at least.

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Whoa!!

I paid $115 or so at Mirante for highlights, lowlights and a cut. And I have a LOT of hair. Lindsay is fantastic.

8. AnnetteL

That's what I paid at Radiance,I did like the results a lot but still thought it was a bit high.

9. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I pay $85 for color (2 different) cut and blow dry.

10. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

I don't recommend Mollie. My daughter went in and wanted some pink highlights put in. She ended up with purple/magenta hair. I have the pictures to prove it. I do recommend Maddy Bishop. She was with Sidney's Signature Salon, left and then moved back. She is at the SmartStyle at the WalMart at 40/42 and is wonderful. She corrected the purple hair and has been doing my hair color for some time. The prices there are very reasonable too and they run specials on cuts and colors. Their phone number is 661-2001.

11. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

Is she cheap? :)

12. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

LOL-

13. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Sport Clips - I have a favorite location, but I don't want a bunch of chicks going there and making it too busy so I'll leave it to you to try one of several convenient locations.

14. steve

steve Well-Known Member

she clips with one hand and chats with the other

15. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

Maddy is back at the 40/42 Wal Mart!!!!!!!!! She is wonderful and her prices are awesome! Give the salon a call to find out her schedule. You will not be sorry, Pat

16. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

who in the world did you go to??? Each girl sets their own prices and Tina has never charged me anywhere near that and i have a lot of long hair, get base color, highlights & lowlights. i had another salon that i had been going to for a couple of years raise my rate to $120 without telling me and that was the last time i ever went there, that is why i started going to Tina.

17. AnnetteL

I saw Tina last fall,I think that maybe it had something to do with the owner (the one with the British accent),she was the one that rang me up :?

18. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

actually she is not the owner, Shannon is the owner, the person you are talking about is the receptionist. i really don't understand why you would be charged so much, i started going to them to save money and still there and the free wine doesn't hurt either:lol:

19. AnnetteL

Don't know either,they were talking about some special effects ;),I did get a scalp message but still :?

20. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

Erica at Studio 312 did my cut and all over highlights, it was about 100.00 and she did a great job. Chenoa (also at Studio 312) has also highlighted my hair and also did a real nice job!