Gym Noobs

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by CanisLupis, Jan 7, 2011.

1. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Alright....I realize it's resolution time but for the love off all things Holy.....if you are going to take up a treadmill or grab some weights....clean it off and put things back the way they were before you started. Your mama isn't there to pick up behind you.

Also, wear clean clothes. Yes, we can smell you.... thankfully most of you will be gone in another two weeks.

Happy New Year

2. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I see the same thing, gross! And they have spray bottles/dispensers all over the place - PLUS signs....

3. claytonian

claytonian Well-Known Member

I so cannot wait for the "Resolutioners" to be gone. Between them and the crowd for the 1st Monday of the month night pizza, my gym was packed and I actually had to wait for a treadmill.

4. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I'd be OK if the big Mr. Clean/Kojak guy would give up on the daisy dukes.

5. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

I'm glad I can go to the gym in the morning when everyone's at work or school. I haven't had to deal with the noobs yet except some on the weekends. And it never fails, somebody with Old Spice on will run next to me on the treadmill and I want to vomit.

6. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

Started the new year with the flu so haven't seen the noob's yet, but I know they are there.

7. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

yep, I can spot them a mile away! Get out of my way if you don't want to be there. The looks on their faces is miserable.

8. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

hey you guys were all noobs at one time too:jester:

9. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

:iagree: thats what I was thinking too. We all have to start some where/time. I do agree its frustrating to all of a sudden have all these extra people to deal with, classes being more crowded etc, but I still try to be welcoming :).

10. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

OK then mr/ms fit and trim, how bout hanging out more at the salad bar at golden corral. you picking out your piece of grilled chicken is keeping me waiting for the fried! hurry up and pick out which jello you are having for dessert i gotta get to those buttered rolls!

Just kidding. i couldnt resist!!
    good luck to all who at least made a new years resolution. i never got around to it.

- db's wife

11. claytonian

Sorry if you're waiting for me to pick through the salad bar at G.C., you may have to wait cuz that is the one place you won't find me so move along and go ahead and get your heart attack on a platter.

Oops, just kidding. I too couldn't resist. :)

12. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Gosh... I'm glad no one tried to run y'all off when y'all first started going to the gym. I'm sure they appreciate the vote of confidence. Guess y'all were born knowing everything there was to know about gym life.

I went to the gym for almost a year (and the REGULARS were the worst at not utilizing the disinfecting sprays) and now I understand why nearly everyone seemed like they had their heads up their *****. From the way you guys talk, they probably did.

TELL them where things are. They are LOST in the gym. It's bad enough that they will probably give up on themselves.. they don't need help doing that.

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:cheers:

14. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

Like!

15. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

I was thinking about joining a gym; I have changed my life drastically by changing my eating habits and have lost 20 pounds so far. I watched my mother die from complications of diabetes last year, and promised her I would not let it happen to me. So far, walking and keeping my sugars down have produced results. Our health insurance will cover appointments with a dietician and membership to a fitness club. But I don't think I am ready to start going to a gym where I would not be welcome because the "regulars" have problems with "newbies". ~sigh~ thanks for the warning. My walks with the dogs will be the good company I need for exercise.

16. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I don't think its really necessary for most to join a gym to get modest results. The way I see it, the most important things are: Weight control, diet, at least 30-minutes a day of continuing exercise and self-esteem. Most health experts agree that walking is a great way for most to exercise. When walking doesn't seem enough, adopt something like swimming, jogging or cycling as an alternative. You really don't have to shell out big bucks for any of those activities.

I think the biggest thing with the gyms are you have those that simply like the atmosphere and those that don't. The best exercise regiment is...the one you're willing to stick with and that easily puts you in better shape than doing nothing.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  17. dangerboy

\

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:\
    i was totally joking around. j guess kinda playing devils advocate.
    GC actually makes me want to vomik (one of my favorite words i picked up from DB's grandma). buffets are so gross. whats next, a trough (sp) bar?
    hey, now that might be a money maker. who's with me? lets open one!

db's wife

18. dangerboy

i kinda feel sorry for those u describe as gym noobs.
    gyms are not my thing. (i generally hate people and being around them:ack: lol)
    i remember attending a few gyms and feeling really stupid walking around with my little card and trying to figure out certain equipment. it was so humiliating. especially surrounded by people who were established members. that was enough to make me not what to go back!

db's wife

19. claytonian

Oh, I'm no pro by any stretch which is why I'm looking for someone with free weight expertise to educate me and workout with me. I still have to ask the gym personnel to help me out with some of the equipment.

20. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

where do you work out?