Looking for......

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Feb 11, 2008.

1. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

whatever you say Otis .....

:p

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:lol::lol::lol:

3. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Need any more guinea pigs?

4. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

We had them down in Key West, and a friend of my mom that runs a bar made some one night, and they were both similar. Fresh is best, I can tell you that, don't use Roses crap (sorry Kaci).

use a simple syrup made with sugar & water
    good rum
    fresh lime juice
    fresh mottled mint (a good amount of it)

I've watched the girls at TerraFin make them, and they use fresh lime & mint and they smell really really good!

5. DAH22

DAH22 Well-Known Member

And a little club soda... I was a bartender for several years. If anyone likes the taste of chocolate covered cherries I have a great recipe for a chocolate covered cherry shooter! Yum! LOL Same thing with kani kaze - fresh lime and then the other lime too.

6. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

Looking for one of those folding full size hide-a-beds. Not a sofa sleeper, but the ones that can be "folded" in half and rolled into a closet. Also looking for one the big play yards (play pens), like the pack and plays only bigger. And lastly, anyone that has any baby clothes (boys 24 mos & up) ~ (girls newborn & up) that they would live to get rid of. I have been checking classifieds & craigslist, and have gotten a few items. Kyle & Jess don't have a lot of $$$ (nor do I), but am trying to help them with what I can.

7. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

Oh and I have a girls (adult) bike if someone wants it. Meg doesn't ride it. May need some tubes for the tires....It is blue

8. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I need a strand of regular size clear christmas lights. I can use a strand with anywhere from 35 to 75 lights and I would prefer them to have a white cord. I wish I had thought about this before the Christmas stuff was gone from the stores. I'm making one of those glass block lights.

9. On the go

On the go Well-Known Member

I don't remember seeing them this year. My strand in my glass block went out and I couldn't find them the few times I remembered to look.

Edited to add, Amazon has them, but they are a little pricey:

http://www.amazon.com/White-Christm...V9IA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1294527642&sr=8-1

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  10. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

There is one listed in the classifieds today for 250.00.

11. michelle

I did a glass block for a friend and I ended up buying a set of icicle lights at Family Dollar and using those. Nobody will know the difference cause all of the lights are bunched up anyway. That was before Christmas. Now that I want to do the other block for me, I can't find any lights.

12. aprilt01

aprilt01 Well-Known Member

What about DeWaynes, upstairs in the Christmas shop?

13. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

I was in Target on Wednesday and they still had a few Christmas lights left and everything was like 75% off, I think. The Timber Dr. store had a lot more stuff left than White Oak.

14. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Lift up recliner

Saw this and thought of you...not sure if you are still looking.

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/fuo/2161166814.html

15. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I was at the Big Lots in Garner yesterday and they still have Christmas stuff left. Not sure it they have the lights or not. They have some stuff near the front of the store, but there's more in the back too.

16. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

Anyone know where i can find large house flags for a good price. The lowest i have found is on eBay, but they are still $20 a piece. Anyone know of a place that sells them cheaper than that?

17. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

If you are talking about decorative/seasonal flags, usually JR's in Selma carries a good selection. Not sure of the price, but I normally get the smaller garden flags for $5.00 there.

18. michelle

And don't forget Michaels or AC Moore with a coupon, of course. :lol:

19. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Tennis balls! They can be the crappiest of crappy. IDK they r 4 Buddy.

20. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Has he discovered the squeaky tennis balls? They are my girl's FAVE!!