So did anyone...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ECAVE, Jan 11, 2011.

1. ECAVE

ECAVE Well-Known Member

venture out this morning?

2. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

Cleveland School to 54/55 in Durham...very slowly!

3. ECAVE

ECAVE Well-Known Member

I walked to end of my driveway and decided on a vacation day. I work in Briar Creek area.

4. Hotwire

Hotwire Well-Known Member

I'm at work now. Please be very careful if you venture out this morning.

*** There is a major trouble spot, be very careful at the bridge on Cleveland School Road right past West View Elementary that goes over I40.***

This was a sheet of ice and one vehicle was already down the embankment. A SHP was already sitting there and I about slid into him. Too much traffic across it was also very bad.

5. rntobe

rntobe Well-Known Member

Just got home from work...major highways are fine..back roads are still slick. As said above the bridge at cleveland school rd by westview elementry is a sheet of ice heading towards 42...

6. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

Went out at 6 to scrape windows. decided to wait for the sun. Left 50/42 at 8 made it to garner rd near belt line by 8:35. NC 50 not too bad, but watch out for those low areas, and stay under 30 mph.

7. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Not Me!
    I don't drive in snow/ice/freezing rain etc...

Everybody be careful.:grouphug:

8. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

What sun??? :jester:

9. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

anyone been up Clev sch rd recently? (9:30am)

10. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I ain't scared of snow. But I don't do ice. I'm staying put today.

11. emismom

emismom Well-Known Member

i went from sanders to raleigh rd to cleveland school to 42 to amelia church to 70 and we made it but the roads are rough and we only went about 30 all the way the bridges are bad and you can go a while and than you will come up on a real bad spot.

12. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Ventured out to take Laila to the vet to get some bloodwork. I went up Barber Mill road. It had some icy spots. Just took me about 30+ minutes each way. Just went nice and slow both ways.

13. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Anyone ventured 1010 over to 401 yet?

14. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

yea - me too :lol: not worth wrecking my car!

15. ginger1989

ginger1989 Well-Known Member

I figure if the dogs can barely make it down the 3 steps off our front porch (not going to make them go out the 10 back porch steps) to go potty, I am not going to try and drive. I DO hope is gets better later. I am supposed to work at 4:00

16. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Drove from Chops area to Agri Supply area in Garner. Just be careful, and don't be stupid.

Bridge at Westview is horrible. 40 is pretty clear.

17. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Laila was so affraid to go down the steps. I had to break up the ice first before she would even venture down

18. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

I got where I was going at 6am but barely, couldn't do above 20mph, when I got home I told everyone to stay put, and they did, No one went out today at all.

19. ECAVE

ECAVE Well-Known Member

Well I havent gotten on the road yet, but I have to go pick up one of my kids that is at a friends house.
    Looks like I will make it to work tomorrow.

20. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

I drove to my office (Dix Campus), but I couldn't get in the building, so I had to turn around and head back home. That was a big waste of time!

Yes, the bridge at West View was awful!!! I hope they did something to it so it is better tomorrow.