Joco schools dismissing at 10...?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by DMJmom, Jan 10, 2011.

1. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Since it is not going to warm up today ...my guess is no school tomorrow.

I didn't think the roads were to bad until I saw the posts here and started listening to the SHP scanner. Sounds like there are many roads that are a sheet of ice.

2. Jenna's Mom

Jenna's Mom Well-Known Member

I'm expecting at least a 2 hour delay tomorrow. 96 in front of my house about 2 miles from I-40 looks wet but passable, would be concerned in the morning about curves especially in shady areas. I live about 1/4 mile from the road on a dirt path, the path was an ice skating rink, the grass suspended some of the ice and made walking possible but crunchy.

3. ginger1989

ginger1989 Well-Known Member

I don't understand why JoCo waits so long. Wake schools and Wake Tech have already called for 2 hour delays for tomorrow. I wish I knew what was happening here.

4. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

/delete.

[​IMG]

5. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

2 Hour delay tomorrow.

6. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

I'm surprised they did not close. Those high school buses are going to be on the road pretty early, even with a 2 hour delay.

7. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

:iagree: It's going to be a whopping 25 degrees by 8 am. I worry about the bus drivers too, but more about the student drivers.

8. nsanemom22

I didn't think there were any student drivers any more ... are there? I thought they were all teacher assistants or other school personnel.

Really... Are there student drivers these days?

9. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I think she's talking about the high schoolers driving their cars to school. TAs, custodians, office support, etc drive the buses.

10. nsanemom22

Ok.. lol Spasibo!

11. nsanemom22

....And why is the going number two hours? Why can't it be three hours? Give the sun time to come up? ...

Just wondering ..