A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

I preface this statement with the fact that I actually DO like cats. My last cat's name was Useless, 'cause that's what they are. They eat, sleep and s**t, utterly useless.

2. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

I wish our cars were all bumper cars.. then I could run the stupid people off the road. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

- why can't some poeple drive?
    - why is the driving test in multiple languages, yet all the signs in English?
    - why do they put blinkers on cars, when no one uses them?
    - why don't they teach hand signals anymore?
    - why is leaving a safe distance between me and the car in front of me an invitation for jerks to jump in front of me?
    - why do some folks think that they are too good to sit in traffic and must ride on the shoulder to byass everyone?
    - why do we worry about litter and covers for big trucks when more crap blows out of pick up trucks then anywhere else?
    - why can't we beat up the driver who is too stupid to clean off the bed of his truck and slings rocks at everyone?
    - why can't people pick a lane?
    - why don't you know you need to get off the highway before the exit is .5 tenths of a mile away?
    - why do some people think they are special and do not have to wait at traffic lights?
    - why don't police give tickets for blocking an intersection anymore?
    :beathorse:

ok ok I may have road rage....a bit...little bit...

3. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

Actually, that wouldn't be bad either. Cats really do have no worries unless the vaccuum cleaner is nearby. :lol: I just was thinking about how my kids get so excited about the simplest things. I was talking to my husband on the phone about going to IHOP for breakfast, and my youngest was like "YAY!!! IHOP!!" and did a happy dance. I envied her right then and thought dang, I should get that excited about some pancakes!!!:lol:

4. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Yep, I could use a couple of days being useless...though I think I would get bored after a while. I swear my cat hardly ever moves. Squatter.

5. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Yeah, I get that! I was thinking about my childhood, not my kids!! :?

Hope you enjoyed the pancakes!! :)

6. Allioop

I think we're going in the morning if we get up early enough. :)

7. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

We've never been to IHOP. DS1 LOVES pancakes. He was amazed when I told him what the letters stood for!

8. nsanemom22

Supper's done!

9. Allioop

We ended up doing Cracker Barrel. The girls said they'd rather go there. IHOP is more fun sometimes with the variety. Note - I have a friend whose daughter is allergic to wheat. She had a reaction to some eggs at IHOP and it turns out they put pancake batter in the eggs as a "filler." :?

10. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

note to self> if you haven't been bowling in 50 years, try doing some stretches BEFORE you go. :lol:

11. nsanemom22

I can't coordinate my feet with my swing...or throw..roll? what ever it is. I nearly trip every time. ppbbt.

12. harleygirl

I was worried about that. :lol:

LAST time we went bowling with some friends we ALL got kicked out. :twisted::twisted:

13. Allioop

I just read this. I love it.

"If it is peace you want, seek to change yourself, not other people. It is easier to protect your feet with slippers than to carpet the whole of the earth"

-- Anthony De Nello

14. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Actually, I think that's what happened to us too if I remember correctly! It happens....

15. nsanemom22

I read this the other day and made a wallpaper for my screen. It helps.

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty. ~Mahatma Gandhi

16. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Our Brady, who art in Foxborough, hallowed be thy arm. Thy bowl will come, it will be won, in Dallas as it is in New England. Give us this Sunday, our weekly win, and give us many touchdown passes, but do not let the Jets pass against us. Lead us not into frustration, but deliver us to the valley of the sun. For thine is the MVP, the best of the AFC, and the glory of the Patriots, now and forever, AMEN.Go Pats!!!

:hurray::hurray:

17. Allioop

I like that too!

18. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

[​IMG]

19. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

:hurray:

20. harleygirl