A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Probably could have gotten it done cheaper than using the dealer, but it was making a God-awful racket that sounded more serious than it turned out to be, thank goodness, and I didn't want to take chances. I'm still good on what I paid for it, but just barely. :?

My next car will be close to new. I'm tired of the used car BS, payment or not. :jester:

Poor Tassybritches!

2. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Oh yes... I don't think the Jeep will be making a return trip into our life. At the least a used motor with 60,000 & 6 mo. warranty will be $4100 NOT including labor and misc. shop supplies and any other parts needed. OR.. a remanufactured for $4700 with a 3yr & 100,000 mi. warranty, still plus labor, etc. This for a vehicle with a DMV tax value of $3500. I can't see spending more than the value of the Jeep and its 11 yrs old.
    (This is the V-8 Jeep engine & 4wd, apparently this particular motor costs a small goldmine to replace) :evil:

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Yeah...............diminishing returns there. Time to cut your losses. 8)

Folks in your family ain't having too much luck with vehicles, are they? :mrgreen:

4. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Nope... we're having quite a run right now. My mom called this morning to tell me she had a dead battery, my news made that trivial. My sister also has a Jeep Cherokee Laredo (which I did advise her against), that just needed a water pump & new radiator... still small by comparison... I WIN whoopie!

Atleast we didn't get the door lock actuator fixed, or the problem with heat and the blend door on the passenger side, or new tires... I would def. be a whole lot more po'd had we put any amount of $$ into in recently.

And, I do have that pretty red convertible for a back-up car... it could be worse.

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

There ya go!! Look on the bright side! :jester:

6. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

:iagree: My solution is that the first two - God and beer help make the third - crazy people - more tolerable, even when that person is myself. :lol:

7. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i am ready for a drink

8. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

I hate liars.

"No more tears now; I will think upon revenge" - Mary, Queen of Scots

9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:iagree::iagree::iagree: i can deal with anything but a liar

10. VolleyGrl

We need to get together soon! Maybe this weekend....:cheers:

11. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

Why do I get so hungry this time at night? I do so good during the day and about 9:00 I feel like I could eat a half gallon of ice cream... but I won't.

12. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Oh for the love of Pete, really??

REALLY????

13. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

WHAT?? Call me, I"m up.

14. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Don't listen to their words, fix your attention on their deeds - Albert Einstein

15. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

x10

16. VolleyGrl

What if it's their deeds they are lying about? :confused: I need some straight Cleo wisdom! Forget this Einstein stuff. He's got nothing on you.

p.s. WE also need to get together. I'll pm ya.

17. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

You been listening to Obama again?

18. VolleyGrl

Funny you should chime in...

19. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Oh yea? How so?

20. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Girl....you know.....

Same problem, different day.....

Somethings just never cease to amaze me!