Progress Energy Bill--???

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Abdulina, Jan 18, 2011.

1. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Charging your wheelchair isn't cheap. :lol:

Oops...this was meant for kaci.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Mine was right at $300, could have been worse. Of course, my power was out for 30 hours, so I guess that explains it, LOL.

I got a new high efficiency heat pump 3/4 of the way through the month. Hoping to see a nice drop for Jan. :cheers:

3. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

y'all are scaring me, haven't gotten mine yet

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

We were COLD and used LED Christmas lights!! I'd hate to think what it would have been otherwise.

DH working from home, plus all the electrical "stuff" we have like fish tanks, computers, too many TV's, etc. are killing us.

I also need to replace my dryer. It's taking 2 and 3 cycles to completely dry stuff now.

(and yes, I've cleaned the vent pipe and the screens, etc, airflow is not blocked)

5. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Ours made a nice jump. Made DH jump too! Especially since we have a gas pack. There's no reason for it to have gone up, at least not as much as it did.

6. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

We have a gas pack too - our bill wasn't too bad - but we did hit w/ end of the year gas balance of over $200 (we're on the equal pay billing) so together it was quite a hit in the pocket book! :neutral: Course they did come one of the snow days to fill us up - guess they wanted that end of the yr revenue............:lol:

7. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

Ugh! 367.61! I was gone for Christmas and didn't put any lights outside. :cry:

8. happy128

happy128 Active Member

$152 to $216 here.. not as bad as it could be...

9. cmdknw06

cmdknw06 Well-Known Member

Went from 246 to 311...that is having it set around 65-67 and using the fireplace as much as possible.

10. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

We've been on the Equal Payment Plan going on two years now and couldn't be happier,there's been no increase in the amount we pay monthly,actually it went down one dollar ;)

11. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

so glad you stuck around.....for your jokes and all....8)

12. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i wondered about why you posted that for KB, but hey at least i am not senile, i hadn't even posted on the thread when you first posted that:lol::lol::lol:

13. Shadow Rider

Shadow Rider Well-Known Member

Mine went from 232 to 352...set around 65-67 with no fireplace used.

Went online and signed up for Equal Payment Plan today!!

14. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Good for you :cheers:

15. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

The best investment I made several years ago was one of those programmable thermostats. You can keep it set on what the manufacturer has the temp set at or program it yourself. IE: My thermostat automatically goes to 60 degrees at 8am in the morning and goes back up to 68 at 4:30, so the house is warm when I get home at 5:30. At 10pm it automatically goes down to 62 and back up to 68 at 6am. I love it and it's saved me a ton of money both in the summer and winter. There is also an override setting if need be.

16. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

I forgot to mention in my original post the actual jump. $287 to $562. NO Christmas lights outside whatsoever. Couldn't turn them on inside as new puppies chewed them. Keep our house so cold that kids wear snuggies or we always have blankets on. ridiculous! So, even though we did find a minor problem today, shouldn't have been that big of a jump. We have programmable thermostat too. Just don't get it.

stephanie-- mom to 7

17. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

139 to 169 is my bill, I have the house set at 70. 3 people here, I do lot's of laundry cause I wash the dog beds and blankets like every other day. We have a new unit since last Feb 2010, when it went up to 400 one month last winter. I thought 169 was pretty good with the weather we had. We have about a 1400 sq. Ft 3 bedroom house. Small house, but glad we have a low bill after seeing the rest of you guys bills.
    Sheri

18. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

My memory isn't what it used to be. :lol:

19. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

are you saying your memory is about as long as your.....

thumb?

I got jokes too.:mrgreen:

20. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

In reference to the electric bill and cost savings, does anyone remember what Devilock said about setting the thermostat different upstairs from downstairs? i remember it made total sense at the time but cannot remember which was to be set higher, upstairs or downstairs?