General Contractors

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by smiles, Jan 19, 2011.

1. smiles

smiles Well-Known Member

We are planning a 2-story addition on the back of our house. Anyone have suggestions for contractors to use or not to use? We're in the "getting quotes" phase. Thanks!

2. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

I don't have a suggestion other than BE CAREFUL! I have been reading a lot about homeowners getting sued and having liens placed on their property by subcontractors who did not get paid by the contractor. The homeowner paid all the bills, but the contractor did not pay the subs. Apparently, that is legal in NC?? Good luck with the addition!

3. Navycut

Navycut Well-Known Member

Angie's List ?

4. ARodrigues

ARodrigues Well-Known Member

That is legal in all states that I know of...You should be aware if your contractor has subs and ask to see their agreement and verify they have been paid. Then if there is a problem, you can take it up with the contractor before it's stoo late.

I like Chris Blackman 422-3067. He's out of Willow Springs and does alot for me in property management since larger stuff has been slow for a while. He's a good guy with fair prices, though.

5. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

My big brother owns Remedy Construction out of Clayton. He's honest and knows his stuff! He's been in construction since he was 16 and he's 50 now.
    550-4096

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I've seen his work first hand, he does a good job. Top of my list if I decide on any renovations. :cheers: