Traffic Light turning left into Foodlion off of 42

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by blessed2adopt2, Jan 19, 2011.

1. blessed2adopt2

blessed2adopt2 Well-Known Member

I hate that traffic light! What will it take to make that left turn light function as something other than a flashing yellow light. Do ya think "they" could do a study and actually have the light function as a green arros, yellow arrow, and red arroW? It is infuriating that it is not safe to turn left there at the hours between 5 and 7 (am or pm).

I know there are other ways to get into those shopping centers. Turn right on the road behind CVS, or cross 42 and turn right behind Walgreens...but why do they have to make it so hard to turn left from 42 into those shopping plazas? Do they not want to back up the traffic coming off of 40, or traffic coming up 42 from the Wal-Mart area?

My normal route to go to Food Lion and Medicap is to come down 1010, turn right onto 42, then left into the shopping area with McD's, FoodLion, and those other shops (Medicap, Snoopy's, etc).

Obviously I can outsmart "them" by going the back ways...I was just wondering if anyone knew why "they" won't make a green arrow light there?

2. On the go

On the go Well-Known Member

I with you! I gave up and just turn by DQ.

3. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I moved. :cool: :lol:

4. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

cause there are evidently a bunch of friggin idiots designing the traffic patterns in jo co.

5. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Me too most of the time. The only problem w/ that is that sometimes in the afternoon - that 'turning' lane gets so backed up, you can't get in it to turn!

There's constantly a problem there with folks trying to turn left into the Riccobene side vs turning left at CVS, or into CVS. I try to avoid that entire area from 4pm till about 7pm. :lol:

6. bandmom

thats for sure! my dh is in civil design (roads etc) and just shakes his head at some of the things that have been done wrong around here. :banghead:

7. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

And while we're at it, let me tell you all something else that burns my tail . . .If you are sitting on the road that runs between Food Lion and McDonalds waiting to take a right onto 42 DO NOT BLOCK THE FOOD LION ENTRANCE BY THE GAS STATION. Time and time again I have seen idiot after idiot block that entrance and it really ticks me off.

8. On the go

On the go Well-Known Member

Me too, Michelle; that makes me crazy!

Oh, and I love the people who ride in that turn lane all the way from the liquor store.

9. bandmom

also, if it is blocked, and you're trying to turn left into the FL parking lot, don't add to the problem by waiting and blocking the road - just go on down to the next entrance please!