Looking for Mechanic

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Jenna's Mom, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Jenna's Mom

Jenna's Mom Well-Known Member

I have a older Toyota Corrolla that has been parked for about a year (ran good until we parked it cause at the time, we had little need of the car). I figure it needs a oil change, tune up, power steering thingy checked cause it was always a little touchy and losing power steering fluid. Possibly belts and tires. Looking to get it back on the road because it is more economical than taking out the big ole van when it's just me or the hubby needing to go somewhere.

Prefer someone in the Benson/Meadow/Four Oaks area

2. wed2x

wed2x Well-Known Member

Well if you are willing to come to Clayton, I highly recommend Clayton Imports. Great people.

3. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

My Vote is Brian's Auto Repair----Just across from Polenta Elem.

Brians # 919-723-8185 :hurray:

4. ECAVE

ECAVE Well-Known Member

Try REH Automotive. I think he still advertises here...Eddie does good work. He is on Old Fairground Road. Yep found his add...

R.E.H. Automotive, LLC We do most all of your automotive service needs... To name a few, Air Conditioning, Brakes, Mufflers and Exhaust, Custom Pipe Bending, Computer Diagnostics and a whole bunch MORE! Locsated Near McGee's Crossroads, off I-40 exit 319.
    5758 Old Fairground Rd.
    Benson, NC 27504
    919-894-3967
    http://www.rehautomotive.com
    click here to see directions

5. softballmom

softballmom Well-Known Member

Jake's on Old Roberts Road.(Off N Pleasant Coats, off 210 and 40) Don't know the number. He is fair and honest.
    Have had to have work redone twice that was done by REH.

6. Daredevil

Daredevil Well-Known Member

Save money by doing it yourself, or see if your local school has an auto class. Gas has likely turned to varnish. If level in tank is low, just fill it up with fresh gas, squirt a little penetrating oil in each cylinder & let sit overnight. Change oil & maybe battery. Good luck.

7. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Give Carwell's a call.

8. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Give Barnes in Benson a call. Family owned and operated...VERY nice, honest people.

9. cece

cece Well-Known Member

I second this one!