A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Just saw that myself. :ack::ack:

2. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

3. harleygirl

HELLO 5:00 :hurray::hurray::hurray:

4. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Well...if we gotta...at least give me snow. Wouldn't mind having a little more snow cream. Ice ain't good for nothing, except putting the "iced" in tea.

5. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

We're having leftovers tonight. My oldest tells me she doesn't have the "type of personality for leftovers." :lol: I told her it's leftovers or a piece of bread.

6. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Never eat Mexican and then go directly to a high school auditorium to sit for two hours. Lord, I apologize.....

7. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

8. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

I wish the people who restructure and lay people off had to meet personally with the employee's entire family to break the news, especially when it is completely out of the blue and they pass it off to some poor manager to do their dirty work. Not really a great way to part ways after working your hiney off for them. :boxing:

9. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I remember the one time I "was let go", it was one of the few times my boss was "away on business" and he phoned it in.

10. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

I have had two jobs in 15 years. Back in 2000, I was 1 of 15 people laid off by the CEO, in person, individually.....which I thought was classy.

I hated being out of work for a few months but at least I wasn't married so I had nobody depending on me for support.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
  11. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

But liquor is quicker.

12. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

:lol: Speaking of...I bought some high fiber granola bars this week. Uhhh... it should have said high fiber, extra gas. I will never buys those again!!!

13. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

TMI

14. harleygirl

That Bojangles Country Ham Biscuit was GOOD mmmmmm.

15. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

You have been fortunate to only have two jobs in such a long span of time. My husband has been laid off 5 times in our 20 year marriage, 3 companies closed the doors and 2 restructured (reduction in force). He was out of work for a few months last year (after 10 years with that company) and now again this year (after one year in this job). It is stressful, but we will get through it. I just hate the way they did it. Your CEO was classy to meet with you personally. That is rare, it seems...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2011
  16. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

That's pretty crappy. The manager who told my husband was not too happy about having to deliver the news or about losing him as an employee. Sucks all the way around. 2011 is not starting off well!

17. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Hopefully things will work out for you guys.

18. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

I've worked at the same place for over 17 years. They are doing studies now and a RIF is on the way. My section is rumored to be one of the first to go. I'm really worried about what my next step will be.

19. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Good morning 15 Guests lurking on the board!...

20. harleygirl

WTH are you doing up at 4:48 in the morning? :lol:

Alright time to clean the kitchen! :arrow: