Ever wonder why?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kevinsmithii, Jan 20, 2011.

1. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

1. Companies don't pay taxes. People do.
    2. What is your argument? All companies have to advertise in some fashion assuming they want to grow.
    3. Insurance companies often sell more than just car insurance including those that aren't required by law. Policies also vary.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  2. On the go

On the go Well-Known Member

Just choose companies that don't advertise as much such as Allied, Montgomery, and Alfa Alliance. BTW, Alfa's target counties in NC are Johnston and Pitt. The home and auto prices in those two counties are nearly unbeatable. Alfa is competitive in Wake as well. I switched my homeowners from Erie to Alfa and saved $300. My auto is about the same as with Farmers, but Farmers no longer writes in our state. Farmers (Foremost) is supposed to bring back auto, but who knows when that will be.

Please seek out your local indep agent and get some quotes. :)

3. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

So your saying companies don't have to pay taxes, yet the Supreme Court says they have the right to Freedom of Speech?

Yes, I know the costs are passed along, I just wanted to highlight how asinine the SCOUS ruling was.

4. kevinsmithii

kevinsmithii Well-Known Member

household costs

When I add my teen driver to my policy, Liability alone will double my premium. If I add him to my vehicles with full coverage comp &collision my rates would go up 150%. From about 12% of my mortgage to well over 25% of my mortgage.

AND 95% of commercials by insurance companies is for auto insurance. And i cant find one that is 15% cheaper than any other on the same coverage

Every P&L statement for any company I've worked has been in the form:
    Revenue - expenses = gross profits
    Gross profits - taxes = net profits

5. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Not saying you are incorrect...but several years ago I sought quotes from several indy companies and they were NOT the lowest.

I have all of my policies with a rep I went to high school with...so i dont care if it is MARGINALLY higher.

6. On the go

Will he be the primary driver of a vehicle or an occasional driver? Alfa Alliance has really good rates when the inexp driver is an occasional driver.

7. kevinsmithii

kevinsmithii Well-Known Member

all of our vehicles have full coverage now. it would be cheaper to put him on his own vehicle with just liability.i'll give them a call.

8. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Have u checked with Farm Bureau? They have always been the cheapest for us. We've been w/ them for yrs, and we checked around again when our teens started driving - they were still the cheapest (although no ins is 'cheap' when u add inexp drivers!). They have a new office behind the Food Lion shopping center @ 40/42.

also - we all drive older cars - nothing newer than 2006.

9. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Don't think any of you have heard me say this before but I'll say it now.....

I'd listen to P on this and take his advice 100%.

Sherry

10. On the go

Call All Insurance at 779-5115. They are located behind CVS on 1010.

11. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

just for shi ts and giggles, I did. they quoted me triple what I pay monthly at State Farm. Just as I knew they would.

(and I have a squeaky clean driving record)

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:lol::lol::lol:

13. On the go

You called just now????

14. On the go

Sorry KellBell, I just checked with the other agent and you have not called.

15. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

ahhh, now i get it:lol:

16. On the go

still waiting on that call........

17. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

:?

18. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:hurray::hurray::hurray: (i was just waiting for someone to say it)

19. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

contraire mon frere' a call was made.

20. On the go

Oh, it's ok for others to name drop? And it's ok for some to lie about getting quotes?