Corner of Old Drug Store Rd. and Cornwallis

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by chumphr, Jan 24, 2011.

1. chumphr

chumphr Active Member

What in the world is being built there?

2. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

It's some sort of campsite but I don't know who for or any of the details yet. I do know that the woman that owns the property has worked so hard building that. She's had some help, but she is one strong woman. I've seen her out there by herself a few times lifting stumps and logs that even a man would have a hard time lifting! She's awesome!

3. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

My son will be bummed ... he was hoping they were building a paintball area. We thought we saw some of those big blow-up things that are used to hide behind when we passed once.

4. Allioop

I just heard it might be a campsite (and it kind of looks like one) but you never know. It might be something completely different. Maybe there will be paintball area. I'm really not sure. I guess we'll all know sooner or later. :)

5. chumphr

chumphr Active Member

Hmmmm there's got to be somebody who knows what it is for sure. We wondered if it was some sort of church retreat area or something...?

6. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i have actually heard that there was going to be a paintball place near Old Drugstore Rd so maybe this is it?

7. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

it doesn't look big enough for a paintball place

8. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

if you look to the right and back, it goes pretty far back up in there

9. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

High Tech Laser Tag

It will be called "Go Play Outside Now". They have decided to focus on high tech Laser Tag that work well outdoors instead of paint ball. There is a ton of room for them to play numerous courses at one time.

10. Allioop

Ok, I heard from a reliable source that it will be a play area for kids - not really a campground. They will have lazer tag, but not sure about paint ball. Apparently there will be several games that you buy tokens for (like at Chuck-E-Cheese's?) lol. It is supposed to open in the spring.

11. Allioop

You must have posted that while I was posting mine!

12. dietz4ibanez

dietz4ibanez Well-Known Member

That might be pretty cool.

13. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

Is this place open yet? Any information on prices, etc.?

14. Ron Still

Ron Still Well-Known Member

Wow, a place for children to learn to play outdoors.

This is a great idea and the "park" land is needed in this area of the county. It reminds me of the old summer day camp programs I grew up with that were run by the YMCA.