Any suggestions for a limo or other transportation?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ferrickhead28, Jan 24, 2011.

1. ferrickhead28

ferrickhead28 Well-Known Member

I'm having the hardest time finding a limo service or some other sort of transportation service. The kid would like to have her b-day party this year at Interskate, followed by a sleepover at the house. I need some way to transport about 10-15 kids (maybe more) for less than 3 miles.

So basically I need some sort of car for an hour. Every place that I have called has a four hour minimum (understandable) and every car rental place that I have called has their "vans" reserved that weekend.

I'm out of ideas. Anyone have any suggestions?

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Did you try Sunset Limo - that is the company that did Terrafin's New Years Eve party and did a great job. I know they are a newer company so maybe more flexible when it comes to length of time. The owner is J. Nelligan and the contact number is 919-900-0667. Still had the card in my coat pocket from that night:lol:

3. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I've never used either, but in my travels around the area I've seen two that come to mind:
    Lucas Transportation out of Raleigh and Cowboy Limos out of Dunn. I think Lucas may have a greater variety of different sedans, SUVs, limos and vans in their fleet.

4. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

you could rent a passenger van....but I don't think you could do it for just an hour.

5. ferrickhead28

Thanks everyone for the responses! I havent contacted any of these companies so this is a big help! :)

thanks again!

6. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Call Enterprise and see if they have any suggestions.

Sherry

7. Crysta

Crysta Guest

Interskate has their own bus that they use for the summer camp field trips. Since you're already having a party there, why not ask them how much it would cost to have them bus the kids back to the house?

Otherwise, I would ask a few of the party guest's parents to help out. 2 or 3 with SUVs or Minivans would be enough to get everyone home. I know if someone asked me to do this for a party my child was attending, I would absolutely say yes. You're already providing food and entertainment, and a free night for mom and dad, so I think this request would be absolutely well received.

8. ferrickhead28

Yeah, thought of that too. We have a couple of friends that is willing to help too. Just trying to weigh all of my options.

Thanks for the suggestions!!!