scared of heights?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by CanisLupis, Jan 25, 2011.

1. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

2. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Not in this lifetime.

3. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

:iagree:

4. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

5. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

NO WAY.......................:ack:

6. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

:shock: That's impressive!

7. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Wow, that's all i can say, just WOW!!!

8. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

I couldn't even finish watching it....

No no no....

9. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

I just got motion sick :ack:

10. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I guess that since I live at 30,000 feet this doesn't bother me that much.

Freaked the wife out a t the Grand Canyon by going out to the edge where no rails were around.

11. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

My palms are dripping wet ... yikes... this gave me the heebie jeebies!

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

No way, no how, not EVER!!!! I have a fear of heights anyway. <shiver>

DH had to come get me off the swinging bridge at Grandfather Mtn. I wanted to cry at the edge of the Grand Canyon and it wasn't from the beauty of it!! I have pics and you can see the abject terror in my face, LOL

13. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

that almost gave me a panic attack. that is crazy!

14. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I shouldn't have watched that right before bed, now I'm going to have nightmares. There is no amount of money that you could pay me to do that.

Back in the early 90's there was a guy that gave hot air balloon rides out this way. I dont remember where he took off, but it was common to see him on the commute back to Clayton from Raleigh. One day he was giving a newlywed couple a ride that they were given as a wedding present, the wind took them too close to those towers over by 70 and they hit the guide cables. It sheered off the basket which made them free fall to the ground killing them all. I can't imagine the terror of those last moments.

A little more recently we had an ice storm and the weight of the ice brought down one of those towers. I always wondered what it was like building the new one's, or fixing the light on top. Why don't they put an elevator on that thing?

15. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

The ice brought them down in '89 per one of my co-workers. We were talking about that today.

Not related but I won a trip in a hot air balloon back in '96 or '97. The lady flying the thing miscalculated some wind and we ended up crash landing in a lake near my hometown. Didn't get hurt but it was pretty scary for a few minutes. I made the newspaper. :lol:

16. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

:iagree: I was starting to get very queasy!

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I just showed it to DH............he said he would be OK right up until it was time to climb on the outside of the tower. Still ain't happening, LOL. His daddy used to do skyscraper construction in DC though. :jester:

18. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

I don't know what would be worse ... climbing up ... or climbing back down. Definately not for me.

Sure would be mad if I climbed all the way up there & then dropped my screwdriver.

19. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

You are right, I was thinking it was the 90's, but I just Googled it and both things happened in 89. The balloon crash was in June and the ice brought it down in December. Also the article I found said it was a birthday ride, not a newlywed ride, but I knew it happened!
    I'm still not going to climb it.

20. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member