Looking for......

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Feb 11, 2008.

1. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

Sent you a pm in reference to the clothes

2. Crysta

Crysta Guest

Planet Fitness has no contract. Their current promotions are the Black Card for $19.99 month (gives you reciprical use at their other locations and some other benefits) plus a $39.99 enrollment fee that will be billed June 1 of every year. The regular membership is $10 a month and I think the yearly fee, billed October 1, is $19.99. They also offer free fitness classes, but no aeorbics or Zumba stuff.

KX Fitness is $29.99 month for the 6 month membership, $299 for the 1 year membership or $480 for the two year membership. They offer a free 30 day trial. Membership includes free aerobic/fitness classes, 1 free personal trainer session to get you started with a plan. They have daycare, but you have to pay for it.

Fit for Life (behind Food Lion) is $40 a month for the 6 month membership, $35 a month for the 1 year, and $30 a month for the two year. There is a $50 enrollment fee and they offer a 10% discount if you pay in full up front. I think they're offering a free enrollment promotion right now. They have free aerobic classes, 1 free personal training session, and free daycare during peak hours.

3. Crysta

Crysta Guest

I'm looking for local cooking classes. I checked JCC and the best I could find was a cake decorating class, but I'm not interested in that. Looking for actual cooking lessons, preferably with a variety of food types, at a pretty basic skill level. Needs to be either evening or weekend classes.

4. DAH22

DAH22 Well-Known Member

This is where I had my daughters birthday party which was wonderful might I add.... However, I know the name says KIDS but they offer adult lessons too. They learn a wide variety of foods and everyone loved the event! IfI can save my pennies (well save my dollars) then we may let her do a week long camp too$!$! Their adult class is on Thursday but their menus for all classes are fabulous!

http://www.classykidscook.com/RALEIGH.html

5. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I'd like to take basic sewing lessons from someone local.

6. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

You might want to check with Skylines Cafe,this is an older article but I'm sure they still offer them.
    Quote: 'Cooking with Class'

The next "Cooking with Class" is scheduled from 3 till 5 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 16, at Skylines Café, 8878 U.S. 70 Business, Clayton. The class, taught by Melrose Edwards Hass, will prepare a meal with in-season ingredients from local farmers and ranchers. The cost is $30 per person and includes recipes and a meal. For more information, or to register, call Skylines Café at 550-7619

7. Crysta

Crysta Guest

You know, I've lived here over 2 years and never eaten there. Maybe I'll set up dinner and a show at LOL this weekend to check them out, and I can ask then if they still do cooking classes. Thanks for the heads up!!

8. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

I've lived here for over 20 years and have never eaten there either,not that I wouldn't want to!! But DH is one of those eat at home guys :boxing:
    I met the owner during one of their Art Mart events ;)

9. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I found some looking at the Wake Tech non-credit courses in their catalog.

Here is one.... its at their Knightdale H.S. location. Its on page 73 in the course catalog under Special Interests. The "special interest" section starts on page 71.

◊ How to Boil Water $95
    Unleash your inner chef! Learn kitchen rules, basic cooking
    skills and knife techniques through personal instruction
    from a real chef. Culinary essentials will be decoded, and
    “Four Star” kitchen secrets revealed – your family and
    friends will love the result! Students share food costs.
    Melanie M. Marshall: mmmarshall@waketech.edu. 24 hrs.
    M 6:30-9:30 p.m. 1/24-3/7

KN 64831

I know this one already started, but there are a variety of other cooking classes under that section too.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
  10. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Theres also this "farm to market" store in Raleigh that is closed for produce & meat for the winter, but they are offering a series of cooking classes. If you sign up for their email list, there are more cooking classes that what is on the link to their blog. Most of their classes appear to be evenings or weekends.

http://www.bickettmarket.com/

Their last email looked like some great classes coming up, if you want to shoot me a PM with your email address I can forward it to you.

11. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

Let me know if you find someone...my Mom gave me her sewing machine but passed away before she taught me how to use it. I would love to learn!

12. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I have not eaten there in a while but thoroughly enjoyed it when I did.

Sherry

13. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Have you tried calling the Clayton Center? My daughter took sewing lessons from someone at that facility a while back and learned a lot.

Sherry

14. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Looking for more weather like yesterday.

Put the top down on the car and drove around for an hour or so.

Saweeeet!

15. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

I...refuse...to...get...a...case...of...the...crud! I've overdosed on Vitamin C and my Husband made me some chicken noodle soup from scratch on Saturday. I can't afford to get sick. I have 4 classes to teach this week.

Oops. I meant to put this in the random thoughts thread. I guess I DON'T feel well.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  16. Oneqwkchk

Oneqwkchk Well-Known Member

Looking For...

The proper most ridiculous HAPPY DANCE to do Friday after my moochers move out! Wahoo! Any ideas? :):):)

17. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Laugh maniacally and change the locks? :lol:

18. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Shut Up!!!

They already canceled my flight out of Albany for tomorrow!

19. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Calling for 71 here on Wednesday.

Road Trip!

20. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

take me!!!!:mrgreen: