GUYS-Have any ideas??

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by shygrrl, Feb 2, 2011.

1. shygrrl

shygrrl Well-Known Member

What are things you like to receive as gifts? DH's birthday and Valentine's Day are this month and I am all out of ideas. Little help here???

2. Buc

Buc Well-Known Member

Well, a couple of things come to mind...but this is a family web page!!!!

3. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Tools - Craftsman has some nice ratcheting wrenches on sale. I got some for Christmas. I've been taking stuff apart ever since.

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

If he likes to read, a Kindle or Nook.

5. FrameMaMa

FrameMaMa Well-Known Member

Anything that can be used to cut stuff up, take things apart, or anything that they can char meat with is always a safe bet...8)

6. Navycut

Navycut Well-Known Member

Depends on his interests.................Snickers, tools, Pro V1 golf balls, case of beer, cigars or other lung biscuits, gift certificates.

NO ties, underwear or handkerchiefs.

7. Buc

Buc Well-Known Member

Can't miss with Lowes and Home Depot gift cards!!!

8. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Mine likes homemade coconut/chocolate candy,so I'll be making him some heart shaped one's ;) he needs to gain some weight really bad!

9. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

or from Harbor Freight Tools.

10. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

No guy want's a Nook or a Kindle.
    Well, let me rephrase that, No MAN wants a Nook or a Kindle.:lol:

11. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

my husband would be pis sed if I gave him tools for his birthday or Valentine's (and his birthday is this month too)....

in the past I have given:
    magazine subscriptions (Fast Fords and Mustangs, Saltwater Fishing)
    salt water fishing gear (spring is coming soon)
    fishing license for the season
    deep tissue massage GC
    biking gear (avid cyclist)
    Barnes & Noble GC (avid reader)
    Coffee GC (he stops for coffee everyday on the way in to work)
    Fav ACC team gear
    framed photos for his office (dog, he and dog, last years big buck or dolphin)

that's all I can think of right now.....

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

LOL

My "man" doesn't want one either, but I know and have heard of some that do. :jester:

13. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

I like this list ^(kellbell's) I have gotten a lot of the same things for my husband. I have also bought remote control toys, and things to supplement whatever his current love/hobby is, like rifle cleaning kits and cases, camping and fishing gear, computer gaming accessories, and stuff for his camera (expensive lenses, a nicer case, tripods, etc.) Sometimes there are clothes that he doesn't mind getting, like long sleeved tshirts or sweatshirts from Eddie Bauer, but generally clothes are not a favored gift item for him. I think he would also probably enjoy a completely planned get-away weekend to a place that I know he would like (to relax, to visit an old friend, or to go deep sea fishing).

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  14. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I gave my husband a Kindle for Christmas....he loves it. And I love the fact that there won't be endless amounts of books stacked about. He will enjoy it even more when we travel, being able to get the N&O sports page anywhere in the world we may go. There are lots of other things he loves about it too.

15. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I prefer an iTunes or Amazon card to fill up the iPod

16. sacosta

sacosta Well-Known Member

How about a musical instrument. Maybe a guitar

17. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

does he golf? I bought my dh a golf lesson one yr. It did help his game - although he doesn't play much anymore.....:?

It was from a golf academy type place in Cary? that computerized your swing/stance etc and then showed you how you could improve - he thought it was pretty cool!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  18. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Oh....I forgot the best one I ever did. For Christmas 09 I got DH a ride in an open cockpit WWII era plane. He had a BLAST. The trip was in our hometown in VA, but I understand that other airports offer similar programs.

19. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

I've heard people say that people like getting experiences as gifts better than anything else. I have to agree. My husband and I do experience type gifts all the time and love it. I've given tickets to Suns vs Bobcats NBA game (which are much cheaper than i ever thought they would be) and mini-vacations. One year it was a weekend in Charleston during the off-season...lots of fun for both of us and not too expensive. For Valentine's Day, we are giving each other a one-night trip to Myrtle Beach without the children to go out to eat and see a good band at the House of Blues....costs us about $150 when all is said and done. I would much rather do that than get flowers that are gonna die and candy that's gonna make me fat.:) So I say go for the experience!

Oh, and for the record DontCare...my husband wanted and got a Kindle for Christmas, and he is one heck of a Man! ;)

20. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

I took you as a Nook or a Kindle kind of guy..... :jester: